Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2023 EUV Premier Bright Blue
2,685 Posts
Clipper Creek LCS-20 I bought 8.5 years ago. Still going strong.
View attachment 49979
That's exactly what we have too. We bought it nearly 5 years ago for our 2018 Volt. Still fast enough for our needs. Just a dumb, simple, reliable, and US made, EVSE.

· Registered
2,685 Posts
But is it really? :unsure:
Who knows where the sockets inside the charge handle are made.
And do they actually assemble the charge handle/cord in house?
Or buy a container full from [mod edit]China?
I have to believe since they state it's made in the USA, that it's more US made than an EVSE made in China. That's the best I can do. Like the Bolt, it's assembled in the US but has some foreign components.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

· Registered
2,685 Posts
Sorry, I only ask the questions. I can't answer them.... :p :cautious:

Only someone deep in the bowels of the Clipper-Creek receiving department knows where the parts come from. Or someone from the parent company now.:rolleyes:

Are you implying that gm does not source components from [mod edit]China? (I like that better!)
It says right on the cord anyway, Made in USA. So CC says the EVSE is made in the USA, and at least now we know that the cord itself is too. I'll bet Chinese EVSEs don't use Made in USA cords.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Product Bicycle tire

· Registered
2,685 Posts
Just installed last week for my new 2023 EUV. Grizzl-e Classic running 240vac at 40 amps for 9.6kw. Note that the OEM charger was working just fine, but I decided to take the QMerit money for install and upgrade to a unit that could do 40 amps. It's overkill in my case, but now I'm futureproofed. I'll keep the OEM charger in the car for emergencies whenever.

PS: I wish my garage was orderly and clean like the rest of you guys, but there's just too much football on tv right now and those games won't watch themselves. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 49984
I would definitely consider a, Made in Canada Grizzl-e, if we ever need a new EVSE.

Reactions: Martin D

· Registered
2,685 Posts
Like the battery and charging components and all the wire in the car?
Our 2023 EUV is listed as having around 60% US/Canadian content. I don't recall the exact number. Our 2021 Bolt was 65%.

Certainly the Bolt is more US made than an EV assembled in Korea or China.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts