Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 308 Posts

·
Administrator
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Share what you did today with the Chevy Bolt EV community!

Example: I took her out of the garage and gave her a nice bath and followed up with a coat of wax.

Example: Finally got my window tints done, now I can't open my windows for a week

Example: Using universal walmart mats for the time being but would like to pick up a set of weathertechs once they are available for the Bolt.

Anything goes!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Car arrived Monday Jan 10 at 2:20. Black ext. dark gav. Grey int. Premium with all options(cept tablet holder lol) took it for a test drive. BETTER then I had ever expected. Drove 37 miles.
Then Tuesday drove it to work. 130 miles round trip. Had 30 miles left when done. Drove 150 total miles with errands. 32 degrees today so I am figuring that's why it charged to 202 and was only going 180. Also I drive 23 min in an hour commute at 75, so that ate miles too. Worked like I planned it.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
It's great to see that the Bolt's range is meeting an owner's needs in one day with enough charge to spare even after running errands and turning on the heat/ac. I assume that's what you did?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yes enough heat for comfort. I am driving just as I did in my Prius but only 75 on interstate to start with. Now I am charging at work so I drove 82 mph today(22-24 min of 1hr commute.) I am thinking that using the top half of the battery may make the Battery last longer?? I couldn't be happier. 250$ in gas per month before. Now less then 75$ ( estimated high)per month for electricity so I save 175-200 per month.

Reactions: cfspeakman

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Not sure if only using half the battery will make it last longer, I've heard of the charging up to 90% method to make the battery last longer but not sure if it really works.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Seems like everyone often typically has different views on the best methods of charging in order to preserve battery life as much as you can. Some prefer to charge all way up and then almost full depletion, some go all the way up and the charge at mid point, some only charge up to 90%, etc. etc.

·
Super Moderator
2,561 Posts
Seems like everyone often typically has different views on the best methods of charging in order to preserve battery life as much as you can. Some prefer to charge all way up and then almost full depletion, some go all the way up and the charge at mid point, some only charge up to 90%, etc. etc.
This basically tells us that nobody really knows for sure. I think I will plug it in every time I park it at home, at least that's my plan. I have never owned a plug in car before, so we'll see how that plan holds up. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
That's going to be my plan as well to be honest. My days are never really planned so I can't come how with 50% and leave it hoping it's enough for tomorrow. Hopefully I can see how you're going and take notes :)

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Also in to know where you got the bowties from! If I recall correctly, someone was interested to know where to get them from as well.

·
Super Moderator
2,561 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
They are also available from your dealer. They're listed on the accessory page for the Bolt. I'm just wondering if you order them from the dealer, if that includes installation.
Installation will definitely be extra, unless you have a good relationship with the service department. Figure a 1/2 hour labor charge the the tune of $30-40.

If you aren't a DIY'er, someone will probably come out with some decals you can affix to the bowties that will do basically the same thing as getting the black bowties. I did that for my '12 Volt.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Did you order it that way, or did the dealer do it after you picked it up? Just curious how that works.
I ordered the kit from the dealer after the car arrived. It was $115 total, there was no additional charge for installation. I think they look much better than the original color, I just wish the kit included the steering wheel and rim emblems too. ;)

1 - 20 of 308 Posts