Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2017 Chevrolet Bolt LT Summit White
154 Posts
Added a dead pedal, $2 worth of mat from Home Depot and already had the velcro tape to put on the back to make it stick. Very strange thing to cheap out on, especially with the 1 pedal driving ability, but fixed now. :)
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Fixture

-Jim

· Registered
154 Posts

· Registered
154 Posts
Installed my Garmin Drive 50, just can't get the hang of wired Android Auto, Having to take out my phone, get the cable, plug in the phone, then AA doesn't like my samsung music app which I love, so deal with either radio or usb, which is harder to get to with AA running, then when I get where I'm going, remember to grab my phone as it's not just in my pocket, argh, Serenity now!!!

I like things easy, wired this up, I turn the car on, it comes on, put in my destination, I turn the car off it turns off, easy peasy.

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive mirror

-Jim

· Registered
154 Posts
..All my music apps have worked okay. Prime music, Spotify, neutron player, SiriusXM (free trial streaming app) but I haven't used the stock Samsung player. I'll have to try that just to see what happens...
Yeah it defaults to my Pandora when I plug in the phone, I've read I have to download the Samsung player from google play instead of the Samsung store for AA to find it, but don't feel like uninstalling and trying that when it's working ok otherwise. Thing I like most about the samsung player is it is really fast at pulling in new songs I've added to the phone, I'm mostly offline with my music and playlists and it just handles that so well, google music not so much, I've tried a couple others like vlc too and they have to 'scan', and aren't as intiuitive to me.

· Registered
154 Posts
Added foam padding to the back of the driver's seat. The sides of the seat dig into my ribs and I didn't realize how bad it was until I was on vaca and drove a rental for almost a week, I got home and felt so much better until I sat back in the Bolt. So crazy there is almost no padding, like sitting on a fold out chair in elementary school.

Car Motor vehicle Vehicle White Car seat cover

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Car seat cover Grey

Product Motor vehicle Car seat cover Mode of transport Automotive design

· Registered
154 Posts
Anyone tried these cheapo seat pads on the Bolt EV? The EUV Premier seats are good.

The main issue with those, and any add on cushion is it reduces the effectiveness of the seat heaters, which with EVs is a major power saver in cooler, but not super cold, temperatures compared to running heat from the vents.

· Registered
154 Posts
(last weekend, not today)
Finally got around to completing my plan ever since seeing the bolt front end. Unfortunately, the (2021? 2022?) facelift beat me to it, but I thought of it first. :LOL:

White plasti dip on the upper grill, cuz I'm a p**sy, and wanted to make sure I like it before I colour match it w regular paint (I was gonna just do it off the hop, but apparently it costs >$400CAD to buy a replacement upper "grill" if I didn't like it). White carbon fibre wrap on the lower grill, to (somewhat) carry the dash theme to the exterior. Doesn't really show in the pic, but its much more obvious in person. Thoughts?

I'll likely white-plasti the summer rims this winter, and do the same green "anodize" on the chrome lug nuts, to carry the white out theme to the side. If I like it, following winter I'll get the rims powder coated, since plasti dip is for teenager's civics. ;)

edit: photo sizing
Nice, I got mine used and the upper grille was already white so I plasti-dipped the emblem, I'd love to get a more solid front and actually do like an embedded light up bowtie but that's a lot to do, like cut out and then mold in some leds and paint over so you don't notice until they light up, but again it'd be a lot so happy with this for now :)
Car Land vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle

· Registered
154 Posts
Edit: Oh, I forgot to add: I had the exact same thought about the light up emblem, though it's low on my priority list. I separated mine to do the green fake anodize coating on the perimeter (and like you, for now did white plasti dip on the inner portion, since the texture of it doesn't lend itself to sanding in order to get a good bond for paint). When I'm done my current house renos, I'm going to look into it further, but I already talked to a buddy of mine w a 3d printer, and he says he can print clear plastic, so it should be easy enough to get a bunch of measurements to replace the centre piece w a clear printed version and paint white. Choice of light source might be semi-important though, as I kinda think just sinking in a couple leds will result in a more "pin-point of light" effect, as opposed to an even distribution. EL wire is likely too dim to show through paint though, so many smd-leds is probably the best bet.
Yeah I'd got the LED blazer emblem and it's really dim in daylight, especially compared to our DRL halos, want something almost as bright as those to match. I wouldn't mind pintpoints too much as again our halos kind of have that.

Maybe use a programmable RGB led matrix as your light source? That would give you lots of options for how it looks.
Oh nice! Could go all out and make the whole panel rgb, then could do smilies and custom messages to drivers in front :)(like MOOOVE!!!!)

Actually there is a good bit of room behind the grill, maybe just drill/dremel out the bowtie channel, backfill with clear epoxy or what not, paint, and then put a bright light source behind it, could still be LED but better diffused so as to eliminate the pintpoints. Also if it ever fails you can replace without redoing the whole thing.

Edit: I forgot to add, on the black trim panel, wonder the effort to mold that to the upper grille itself and smooth it out so it looks more cohesive. I get they wanted the floating grille look but to your point the 2022s looks much sleeker.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts