Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
1,900 Posts
3d printed a wireless charging pad holder for my phone that inserts in between the cupholders and hang over the front of the console.
had the charging pad in my last car and just adapted the design using a file I found on Thingiverse and modified it in Tinkercad.
Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle

Automotive tire White Hood Light Product

· Registered
1,900 Posts
Took my 2017 LT in to have the 80% charging software update done and also the TSB on the brake booster clicking. All was completed in about an hour, I thought I had read it takes several hours for the 80% charge update to be done. I noticed all my energy usage info had reset like it was fully charged, even though I had only about 60% actual SOC.
I am charging it now without HTR active to see if it completes at 80%.
Font Circle Darkness Event Terrestrial plant

update: just finished charging and stopped at 80% looks like it worked.

· Registered
1,900 Posts
What vinyl did you use? Is it sticking ok to the gold? I like that blue, right now I've got some white plasti-dip in mine but it's starting to get a bit choppy after a few car washes.
Not really sure, some my wife had laying around that she used with her cricut. It is sticking well, hasn’t come up any yet. Also used the same Vinyl on my HHR bowtie.

· Registered
1,900 Posts
You can get Cricut vinyl at Micheal’s/Walfart. Get the PERMANENT vinyl and it should stay on.

It’s actually a good idea…my new 2021 black bolt has the gold crosses….I much preferred the black….and I have a Cricut and some vinyl for making stickers for friends.
I made a EV Trek decal for our Bolt.
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive lighting Bumper

· Registered
1,900 Posts
I bought a front license plate holder which attaches to tow-hook connection from a fellow member. I didn't want to drill into my beautiful bumper, and I think it looks pretty sharp. I'm plastidipping the stock wheels black tomorrow. View attachment 41256
I would hold off on plastidipping the wheels. I did the ones on my HHR before I got new wheels and it was a real PiTA to remove it. Took me a week to get it all off. Nothing I saw on line that told how to remove it worked, maybe i left it on too long, it was on almost 2 years.

· Registered
1,900 Posts
That's pretty neat. I'm getting to the point where lifting my wife's powerchair in and out is becoming difficult.
How much does it weigh? The one i got for my wife weighs less than 30 pounds.
SuperHandy 3 Wheel Folding Mobility Scooter - Electric Powered, Lightest Available, Airline Friendly - Long Range Travel w/ 2 Detachable 48V Lithium-ion Batteries and Charger https://a.co/d/fViRUss

· Registered
1,900 Posts
Can something like that be installed on a hitch that would make it removable?
I had one on my Vue and it would drag on the pavement every time I would pull into or backing out of my driveway, since the bolt is even lower to the ground it could be an issue in other areas..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts