Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
361 - 380 of 410 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
I see a lot of entries revolve around installing window tint. I just paid nearly $200 to get tint removed from my 2017 Premier; I cannot stand driving around with vision so impaired. I had it removed from my previous car as well, and always thought it the best $200 I spent that year.
I agree 100%, especially at night. Looking to the sides - I am like, where is the road?!?

However... then summer came. Heck, not even summer.
My current Bolt is white with tint. I did not want to have them, the dealer in FL put them on.
So, one day I had to leave it for an overnight repair and I got dark coloured Bolt with no tints.
Chilly, but sunny day. It got warm very so much inside. Way warmer than mine.

Yes, it would be awesome for winter, but for summer - I guess I will need to somehow live with the impaired vision.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I see a lot of entries revolve around installing window tint. I just paid nearly $200 to get tint removed from my 2017 Premier; I cannot stand driving around with vision so impaired. I had it removed from my previous car as well, and always thought it the best $200 I spent that year.
Was the tint 20%? Entirely possible you have not had a car with legal tint. During the day the difference between 35% and 20% is not much but at night it is huge.

·
Registered
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier
154 Posts
We got our windows tinted today with Llumar FormulaOne Stratos ceramic tint (70% windshield, 35% everywhere else). We wanted UV and heat protection and we’ve had Llumar ceramic on our other car for a long time. I’ll post pics as soon as it cures and I get a chance to clean the car.
Llumar air 80 on mine windshield included, great heat rejection, I’m in NY and tints affects the result of the state inspection.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Llumar air 80 on mine windshield included, great heat rejection, I’m in NY and tints affects the result of the state inspection.
Good call, I have Air 80 on my other car’s windshield and front side windows and it works well.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Hey guys, tint guys. A question for you.

Is there a window tint that works well as the black one, but actually is more like greenish or so?
I recall seeing a MB (I think) years ago and the windows seemed like had a tiny blue or greenish tint. Windows seemed to be much nicer and somehow "cleaner".
Not sure if I am describing it correctly... but I hope you know what I am talking about.

·
Registered
49 Posts

Is there a window tint that works well as the black one, but actually is more like greenish or so?
I recall seeing a MB (I think) years ago and the windows seemed like had a tiny blue or greenish tint. Windows seemed to be much nicer and somehow "cleaner".
Not sure if I am describing it correctly... but I hope you know what I am talking about.
Maybe you’re referring to crystalline tint? It looks like it has a blueish color to it.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
windows seemed like had a tiny blue or greenish tint.
I've seen intentional greenish tint, but not in a long time. Some 3M tint is known to have a very slight bluish tint and some people avoid it because of that. Stronger bluish/purple tint is usually a sign of cheap film. Personally, I prefer as blackish as possible.

·
Registered
Premier, Yo, with every goodie!
1,099 Posts
... Personally, I prefer as blackish as possible.
That would be the Black Plasti Dip spray can. ;)

I want the IR blocking 'ceramic' stuff but it is the most expensive version of tint.
I saw a demonstration in a tint shop where they had a heat lamp an you could put different tint samples in front of it.
It was so weird to see the heat lamp through this stuff but feel NO heat!!!

·
Registered
699 Posts
So I searched a bit and it is called Solextra.
something like that

Any tint exists that would work similarly to black/dark but being more into "clear/blue" glass?
It seems like the little tint adds clarity

Attachments

·
Registered
1,348 Posts

That's exactly what I have - it's a ceramic tint, Llumar Air 80. It's almost clear, but it does have a greenish tint to it. I have a picture of the Bolt with it on my profile. It's barely noticeable, but it does do what I want it to - keep UV/heat out. That way I'm not driving blind at night either.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Just installed my black bowties front and back. Didn't take too long at all
Nice!
But you're still advertising for Thompson, whatever that is.
I'd replace that with something cool, or nondescript, or even nothing at all!
Why does a license plate need a 'surround'?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I rotate my tires every time I...oh, you've heard that one.
What? No we haven't.....
Change the oil? no...
Raise the hood to add windshield washer fluid? Some rarely do that...
Get lucky? Doubtful.....:cool:

361 - 380 of 410 Posts