Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
381 - 400 of 431 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Installed a cargo net at the back of the "trunk area."

And set the charge level to 90%. It's a short distance use car so we'll be fine.

Waiting on the cargo area rubber mat (we put those in just about everything in case something leaks on the way back from the store.)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Today I added crossbars to the roof rack rails on my 2020 Premier.

I've been meaning to do this for quite a while. I bought these on eBay: Top Roof Rack for fit Chevrolet Bolt EV 2016-2020 Baggage Luggage Cross Bar | eBay For $150. Frankly I was worried about the quality, etc, being as GM wants $625 for their crossbars. I am impressed by these. They seem good and strong. It took me, 75 yr old male, about 45 minutes to install them. The shipping was fast. they ship from Kent, WA, about 75 miles north of me. I ordered them on Friday of Memorial Day weekend, and got them today - Tuesday, the day after Memorial Day.

I may comeback here eventually with an update. If there isn't any update you can take that to mean that I am happy with them.

·
Registered
35 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I put a nifty white racing stripe on the hood. View attachment 33234
Hauled a TIG welder home to finish building my daughter's electric ATV (welding the aluminum battery box and steel battery retention brackets) View attachment 31001

The casters hanging out the bottom struck the driveway on the way out, but thankfully they swivel and roll so it just rode it through. Love this back rack.
So please, tell us you powered the welder with the car! :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
The GM hitch bends with one mountain bike. It's garbage. The Draw-Tite pulls a sailboat, an ATV and a cargo rack. And it's a lot easier to install, which is to say you don't have to rip the whole as$ off the car to bolt it to the bumper mounts with little 6 mm studs. Spend the GM cash on something else.
I know that this is an old thread, but I will add my vote for the Draw-Tite. It is an awesome hitch, especially for the price. I'm in my mid-70s and easily installed it by myself. You need a torque wrench, but you can borrow one from O'Reilly's. On my last car, a 2017 Volt, I had U-Haul install one of their hitches. The Draw-Tite is a much better hitch and I saved $$$.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Bezos?

Omidyar?

And the manufacturer...

Man, how did you look?

EDIT.
As for the wiring - ANY powered 4-flat will work.
I said any, because in the end you will cut the plugs and splice or solder to your car wiring.
There is no plug and play style yet... so getting any one that is the cheapest works great. I used one from KIA. Or maybe it was FIAT... anyway, it was around 15 USD.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Bezos?

Omidyar?

And the manufacturer...

Man, how did you look?

EDIT.
I said any, because in the end you will cut the plugs and splice or solder to your car wiring.
There is no plug and play style yet... so getting any one that is the cheapest works great. I used one from KIA. Or maybe it was FIAT... anyway, it was around 15 USD.
In this list, the one from Amazon is the wrong one, judging by the photo... the others look right, as is the one I linked to from
Bezos?

Omidyar?

And the manufacturer...

Man, how did you look?

EDIT.
According to the photos on the Amazon link, that doesn't look like the right one for a Bolt. All the other links in this post take you to the right model, though.

·
Registered
825 Posts
In this list, the one from Amazon is the wrong one, judging by the photo... the others look right, as is the one I linked to from

According to the photos on the Amazon link, that doesn't look like the right one for a Bolt. All the other links in this post take you to the right model, though.
I would not use the photo as the judge. I go after the part number.

Reactions: Rainystateguy
381 - 400 of 431 Posts