Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just Curious....what did you do or are planning to do with your Costco rebate?

I am planning to put a large chunk of my $700 Costco rebate into buying things for my new Bolt LT.
I thought it would be cool to buy the items at Costco (store or website) so none of the spending touches my checking account.

I am planning to purchase/try out:

Siemens L2 charger (approx.. $450 from Costco.com)
Seat cushion ($20 Costco in store)
Sheepskin seat cover (why the **** not...always wanted to try one out...seems warm and comfy for winter - $50 Costco in store).

I'll try them out and return them if I dont like them...

OR, I can put it all towards GAS for our other family car - the gas guzzling Honda Odyssey...

Either way, a nice perk from this purchase...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi ChevBolt: here are the terms of the offer. Just ask your dealer if they participate in the Costco auto program and ask about this deal.

*To qualify for this offer, Costco members must:
(1) Register with the Costco Auto Program to receive their GM Authorization Number and the contact information for a dealership that has opted in to the Holiday Sales Event;
(2) Present the GM Authorization Number to the dealer at time of visit;
(3) Be a current Costco member by Oct. 2, 2017;
(4) Take delivery of an eligible, new 2017 or 2018 Chevrolet: Bolt EV, Camaro, Colorado, Corvette, Cruze, Equinox, Express, Impala, Malibu, Silverado, Sonic, Spark, SS, Suburban, Tahoe, Traverse, Trax and Volt; Cadillac: ATS, CT6, CTS, Escalade, XT5 and XTS; Buick: Cascada, Encore, Enclave, Envision, LaCrosse and Regal; GMC: Acadia, Canyon, Savana, Sierra, Terrain, Yukon and Yukon XL vehicle between Oct. 3, 2017, and Jan. 2, 2018, or a 2017 or 2018 Chevrolet City Express between Oct. 10, 2017, and Jan. 2, 2018;
(5) GM Supplier Pricing is an exclusive, discounted price, not available to the general public. GM Supplier Pricing is extended to Costco members during the Holiday Sales Event for the models listed above. All eligible 2017 and 2018 Holiday Sales Event models qualify for GM Supplier Pricing, which is listed on the manufacturer’s document under the name 'SUPPLR'.
(6) Submit a redemption form within 30 days of purchase or lease and complete a Costco Auto Program member satisfaction survey to receive the Costco Cash Card by mail. Please allow eight weeks for Costco Cash Card delivery, pending completion of all eligibility requirements; including redemption form submission, purchase verification from GM and phone survey completion. Not compatible with some other offers. Costco Cash Cards are not redeemable for cash, except where required by law.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Only one dealer around here works with the Costco program and even they told me they could offer a better deal than through the program, but shopping around other dealerships had even better offers.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I didnt settle for the Costco deal - I asked for $5000 off MSRP plus the costco cash
Keyes Chevy in Van Nuys, CA works with the Costco $700 cash card, and was selling Bolts at Invoice less $5500, which for the one I bought worked out to MSRP - $6171! I think that the Keyes GM, Rick Alpern, is still offering that deal.

Also, if the buyer has been a Costco before the October deadline, it seems that a renewal of an expired membership still counts as meeting that deadline.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Just Curious....what did you do or are planning to do with your Costco rebate?

I am planning to put a large chunk of my $700 Costco rebate into buying things for my new Bolt LT.
I thought it would be cool to buy the items at Costco (store or website) so none of the spending touches my checking account.

I am planning to purchase/try out:

Siemens L2 charger (approx.. $450 from Costco.com)
Seat cushion ($20 Costco in store)
Sheepskin seat cover (why the **** not...always wanted to try one out...seems warm and comfy for winter - $50 Costco in store).

I'll try them out and return them if I dont like them...

OR, I can put it all towards GAS for our other family car - the gas guzzling Honda Odyssey...

Either way, a nice perk from this purchase...
It seems that the Siemens L2 charger offered by Costco is 30A. Doesn't the Bolt take up to 35A?

·
Registered
724 Posts
I am still hoarding mine.
I got $5,500 off MSRP PLUS the $700 Costco card. I don't even think it HAS to be a certain dealer. Costco sent me to NH saying it was the closest but it was not.

Anyway, took only about 2-3 weeks to get my card.
I did use it the other day to finish off another gift card I cleaned out at Costco. but only took about $20 off it.

I rent so I can't use the L2 :( but may buy it in a coupple years.

I WAS thinking of putting it towards the ELECTRIC Generator that they have. It is only the 1000kWh one and wish they had the Solar panels to go with. But it is a good deal for $999 https://www.costco.com/Goal-Zero-Yeti-1000-Lithium-Portable-Power-Station.product.100338966.html ($1300 at maker). And it isn't even on sale sale.
We get big storms here so would be nice to be able to run small oil filled heater or a few electric blankets to keep warm.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am still hoarding mine.
I got $5,500 off MSRP PLUS the $700 Costco card. I don't even think it HAS to be a certain dealer. Costco sent me to NH saying it was the closest but it was not.

Anyway, took only about 2-3 weeks to get my card.
I did use it the other day to finish off another gift card I cleaned out at Costco. but only took about $20 off it.

I rent so I can't use the L2 :( but may buy it in a coupple years.

I WAS thinking of putting it towards the ELECTRIC Generator that they have. It is only the 1000kWh one and wish they had the Solar panels to go with. But it is a good deal for $999 https://www.costco.com/Goal-Zero-Yeti-1000-Lithium-Portable-Power-Station.product.100338966.html ($1300 at maker). And it isn't even on sale sale.
We get big storms here so would be nice to be able to run small oil filled heater or a few electric blankets to keep warm.
Yeah...I see you're in Bedford. I lived in Somerville for 10 years. Good times. Harsh winters. Generator sounds like a nice thing to have...especially when the heating goes out!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Note that the Yeti at that link is 1000 Wh, not 1000 kWh. It will run an oil-filled heater on low for a couple hours, max, or a modern fridge for half a day.

For less money, you can get a very nice honda generator that weighs half that amount and which is very quiet....and which can put out 500W for days with a single 5 gal can of gas.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Does the sheepskin cover work with the side seat airbags? I've had a heck of a time finding any universal seat covers that do.
Edit: If the ones on the website, they don't cover the sides.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I might cash out my $700 cash card and use it somewhere else. Got approval confirmation last week and waiting to receive it in the mail.

·
Registered
724 Posts
@ just frank, defeats the ELECTRIC part of the generator. If I wanted to use GAS I would buy a gas generator ..... And I meant to put Wh on that not kW, thank you

@ DesertSprings The covers look nice but not a perfect fit. Fits find on the bottom but on the back is definitely a "general fit". But I am not too fussy. I can say that the seats do NOT heat up as fast through the sheepskin so that is a bummer. But I got the Dark Grey color and looks great in the dark interior of my Bolt. It does NOT cover the SIDE AIRBAG but does slightly cover the air bag on the bottom seat side where you adjust the seat. The instructions on how to attach to seat look off too. For $50, not a bad deal and real sheepskin with some padding under it.

@ Mykol44, you can not Cashout the card. So I am not sure how you plan on doing that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I actually cashed my Costco Cash card and put it toward paying the bills. I didn't know I could cash the card until someone told me. It's actually a good idea. Even if I did have things to buy at Costco, cashing the card is better.

Why? If I buy something with the cash card, I won't get the rewards from paying with the Costco/Citi VISA. Just cash the cash card and buy stuff with your VISA to get rewards. Works out better that way. :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Do you get the full $700 if you cash out the card?

·
Registered
293 Posts
@ just frank, defeats the ELECTRIC part of the generator. If I wanted to use GAS I would buy a gas generator ..... And I meant to put Wh on that not kW, thank you
I have both a small backup battery with a solar panel AND a small gas genny. I am no friend of gas, but allow myself the usage during an emergency application.

My problem with the Yeti is the ridiculous cost markup. For a small fraction of the cost you could get a nice 12V AGM battery with a similar capacity and sine inverter, or better yet an inverter to hook to your EV. But to each his own. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts