Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I might have thought of a name (e.g., The Boltmobile, Nutan Bolt, Enlightening Bolt, etc.) but the plates from the DMV formed a pretty cool word (if you see 8 as B and 5 as S), so it found its own name. Since it is the license plate though, I can't really share the name.

For a while I was calling our Golf TDI “Mr Smoggy”, but it's since had the emissions fix.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I call mine my ugly duckling being in ontario canada we dont have personlized green plates, you could get a normal plate but loose your HOV privileges.....if I were to customizes it would be "Tesla?" or "Gas?" ;) I like showing Tesla drivers what our little Chevy can do

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
We call ours "Bleu", like the cheese, to differentiate with our 2011 Volt ("Pearl"). Got tired after saying "With a 'B' or 'V' after telling which car we were taking each time.

Plate is "CHRJD UP". We've had this plate for at least a decade, on a Leaf and RAV-4 EV prior.

We've had "BAT INCL" (now on the 2011 Volt) since our 1997 GM EV-1. We still get people asking what it means.

My electric motorcycle (a conversion) is "ECYCLE". I was floored that it was still available in 2003.

If you see any of these on the road, say "Hey!".

·
Registered
735 Posts
MALLARD - fastest steam locomotive in the world

My Bolt EV has the CT license plate MALLARD. This is the name of the steam locomotive that holds the record for the fastest speed ever recorded for steam power. Its also a duck, which is a bit of a contradiction... in some ways.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Color scheme of slate grey: named her Flipper

And since here in Sunny New Mexico with solar panels on the roof...

Plate is SOLPOWER

(Which goes with my electric motorcycle of SOLPWR. at least if I can remember one, I should remember the other...)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sparky. Unoriginal, I know.

My wife still calls it a Volt. The rest of my family still calls it a Tesla.

Sadly I have yet to meet anyone (either stranger or family/friend) who is the least interested in it being electric. It's just a boring hatchback to them.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Gonk 70.

...Gonk is a not exactly... nice term for sorta ugly. I don't THINK my car is ugly, but I like the sound of the word. Always have. It also means various unsavory things in other countries, but, eh. I LIKE THE SOUND.

70 because 70 is an abundant weird number that shares some properties with two other numbers I like: perfect six and colossally abundant 12...

... Yeah, I'm a dork.

Before that I had a Generation 1 Chevy Volt named Silver Jane.

Before that I had a GTI named Inga.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Mine is BL0T - it's the almost black dark grey paint.
Note that I used a zero, rather than an O. This might keep parking tickets from being valid due to a mistaken license number on the ticket.
(I haven't tested this theory yet)

41 - 60 of 72 Posts
About this Discussion
71 Replies
58 Participants
zzzing
Chevy Bolt EV Forum
We’re the Largest Chevy Bolt EV Online Community and Owner's Club. Join to discuss sport mode, reviews, battery range and charging!
Full Forum Listing