Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Ioniq EV owners are reporting zero capacity loss after 2 years and 40k miles of use. Of course, there's a buffer built into the vehicle that nobody seems to know how big it is, but that does obscure the real rate of degradation. Gen 1 Ioniq EVs use cabin air for thermal management, while gen 1.5 (MY 2020) uses a liquid thermal management system.

·
Registered
167 Posts
There is a section in Nissan leaf user manual dedicated to the same, or even sillier sounding, instructions. Search professor Kelly's video for the subject and you will find it. Some of the suggestions are applicable to bolt and some are not. Both ioniq and leaf have no active battery thermal management systems. Their battery is air cooled by ambient air. They need all those to keep batteries healthy.

Having said that it won't hurt to follow the suggestions. It is always nice to park any cars under shade, is it not?

-TL

Edit: I didn't know the new ioniq has liquid cooled batteries. Maybe that's why its efficiency degrades a little. I was seriously considering ioniq till I learned about their battery cooling, and of course they absolutely refused to lower their price.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts