Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the range.

I like having Apple Carplay.

I like single pedal driving for traffic.

I love the acceleration.

But most of all, I LOVE, I mean I REALLY LOVE, THE HORN! It sounds like a full size pickup truck. It's substantial. In fact, I honked at someone just yesterday because he was looking at his cell phone and holding up traffic when the light turned green, and it ticked him off so bad that he felt the need to race me as I went around him in the other lane. And, of course, he lost badly. It was pathetic! What seemed like an eternity later, he came up to me at the next light, honking his little clown horn, and I just laughed and laughed, started pointing at him, laughing out loud. I'm still laughing. Good job Chevy! A real horn and real acceleration. Perfect. >:)

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I like the range.

I like having Apple Carplay.

I like single pedal driving for traffic.

I love the acceleration.

But most of all, I LOVE, I mean I REALLY LOVE, THE HORN! It sounds like a full size pickup truck. It's substantial. In fact, I honked at someone just yesterday because he was looking at his cell phone and holding up traffic when the light turned green, and it ticked him off so bad that he felt the need to race me as I went around him in the other lane. And, of course, he lost badly. It was pathetic! What seemed like an eternity later, he came up to me at the next light, honking his little clown horn, and I just laughed and laughed, started pointing at him, laughing out loud. I'm still laughing. Good job Chevy! A real horn and real acceleration. Perfect. >:)
I think this was my favorite part :D:D:D I love doing that to people hahaha

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
^ be careful who you tick off nowadays... to many (possibly armed) road-rage nut cases out there looking for a fight!

That being said... I also blast at idiots who hold up traffic due to not paying attention to the light turning green... but I don't provoke them further after that.

·
Registered
735 Posts
If it wasn't for Chevy having a lot of bigger vehicles then this might not have been possible. Just look at other brands that offer mainly smaller cars and their horns sound funny. Honda Civic's for example, even without looking at them, when you hear the horn, immediately you know its some compact car.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya, I hated the horn in the Leaf. For 3 years, I avoided honking, even when I needed to. Now I'm honk-happy. Sometimes I'll just randomly honk as I'm driving down the road. People look at me funny. Good times.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^ be careful who you tick off nowadays... to many (possibly armed) road-rage nut cases out there looking for a fight!
I usually just point and laugh when people road rage at me. Sometimes they get angrier. Most of the time they realize how ridiculous it is, and they start laughing too.:D

·
Registered
2017 Bolt EV LT
271 Posts
Agreed! I'm also impressed by the horn. Could have easily been very wimpy in an EV but it's a legit noise maker!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Most of the time people ignore me after almost side swiping me or close to causing a crash...I know what you did and the lack of eye contact won't change that!
At least the Bolt's horn is enough to communicate your frustration with.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Ya, I hated the horn in the Leaf. For 3 years, I avoided honking, even when I needed to. Now I'm honk-happy. Sometimes I'll just randomly honk as I'm driving down the road. People look at me funny. Good times.
From my experience its not hard to swap out horns so that might be something to consider for people not liking their current horn. Always helps to go for something that makes your car sound bigger, I think people tend to react differently.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
My favorite thing about the Bolt is I get about double the miles as the Prius for the same money, plus it drives closer to a Mustang than it does a Prius.

·
Registered
121 Posts
One pedal driving on winding roads

Back in my carbon footprint days, I would occasionally hike at a park that was a little out of the way. To get there, I took a winding road atop the ridge line overlooking the river. Didn't occur to me that going there in my new Bolt would be that much different.

Wow! Talk about a 72 year old channeling Mario Andretti! Now I hit that park every week just for the thrill of the trip. Most fun you can have with your clothes on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts