Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier Launch Edition
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a physical AUTO button to the left of your HVAC which select A/C or HEAT.
However, when you click CLIMATE button in the middle, there are two additional AUTO features displayed on the screen.
The one on top select the air flow position.
What does the last AUTO button to the left of the recirculation button do?
Is it for automatic air circulation ?

All 3 AUTO functions can be activated at the same time.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
As far as I know the Auto settings are full auto where everything is automatic, or selectable auto temperature, auto fan, auto vent position. You can also select auto defog for high humidity situations.
I usually run when necessary with auto temp, manual fan and manual vent position with auto defog turned off. But many times I just have the fan on, the vents set to upper dash and the HVAC off.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
When you change the fan speed or air flow direction on the screen the "auto" for that function goes away (unselected). I believe the auto next to the air circulation sets everything back to full auto.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The auto button and the auto on the touch screen are probably just duplicate functions. Having to hit "climate" then use the touch screen to manually adjust the airflow is a bit annoying. I've got one blank toggle switch that could've been used for that function

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The auto button and the auto on the touch screen are probably just duplicate functions. Having to hit "climate" then use the touch screen to manually adjust the airflow is a bit annoying. I've got one blank toggle switch that could've been used for that function
Yes it's pretty weird. You can toggle the AUTO button onscreen off and on and it doesn't effect the physical switch on the far left. On my BMW there's an AUTO recirculation/fresh air button next to each other.

It's ironic that this AUTO button is right next to the recirculation button. Could it be the automatic recirculation? That would mean the car would have a particulate sensor for the HVAC.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I suspect the AUTO button right next to the circulation is the automatic recirculation button. When you toggle the circulation button the AUTO goes off when you toggle the AUTO button, the circulation goes off.
Gas Vehicle Audio equipment Machine Auto part

1 - 6 of 6 Posts