Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Fan of the Costco Auto Program, but seems like results may vary for different locale / dealerships. Curious on what's a typical discount that people are getting off MSRP for the Bolt.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Costco price is dealer invoice. For the Bolt I was looking at MSRP was 42.760 (premier + infotainment & driver confidence - no fast charge). The invoice came out to 41,035 (or 4% discount). However they were adding on $1,065 in "advertising costs" + an additional 1% on the lease APR. In the end, it was about $400 less than MSRP. I did not like the "bonus" costs so I walked out without buying from the dealer.

There is a good article on the invoice price of the Bolt at this URL gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?271017 Looks like they took away the image of the invoice from that post, but I attached it here.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got tmy LT with the 2 packages: COMFORT AND CONVENIENCE PACKAGE: $555
DRIVER CONFIDENCE PACKAGE: $495 and and DC Fast Charging Capability: $750 for $38 255 through costco program, which is $1040 discount.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got tmy LT with the 2 packages: COMFORT AND CONVENIENCE PACKAGE: $555
DRIVER CONFIDENCE PACKAGE: $495 and and DC Fast Charging Capability: $750 for $38 255 through costco program, which is $1040 discount.

When did you get your LT and which dealership?

·
Registered
735 Posts
OP might want to add a Poll to this thread, would be interesting to see how many people went through costco and its much easier to track that on a poll.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Recently purchased Kinectic Blue Premier through Costco. Their discounted price was not as good as my negotiated price, but the added bonus of a $700.00 cash card for Executive Members was great.

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
With my previous GM leases, I was able to simply negotiate the best deal (which was better than the Costco pricing) then have them use my Costco authorization to get the $700 gift card. Some dealers will say they HAVE to charge exactly the Costco price, but that really means they can't charge MORE than the Costco pricing. Nothing to stop them from discounting BELOW Costco pricing.

Honestly, aside from the gift card offer, Costco pricing is only good for people that hate negotiating and are fine with an OK deal, or people in areas that just had a new model introduced....like some of the last states getting Bolts.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Agree, the Costco Pricing is a good starting point, but one should be looking for, at this late date in the Model year, is Employee Pricing.

·
Registered
624 Posts
i signed up for the costco deal just to see what the discount was. the dealer called me in less than 10 minutes after submitting the form, so that was nice. the discount on a fully loaded premier was only $1600. i did much better negotiating on my own.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had negotiated a deal to buy before thinking of going through Costco. My situation changed a bit and I decided a lease was better, and the when talking to the dealer they said there was some type of special lease for Costco. No idea if it's true or not, but they were able to meet my $300 per month price point, so I was happy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts