Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be needing one, other than the plastic dealership it came with. I rather like this

But it kind of over emphasizes the Bolt theme.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have the dealer provided ones on my Bolt. I'm careful about license plate frames since here in Iowa if it covers more than what an individual cop thinks it should they can pull a vehicle over. Like what happened not long after I got my Volt. I had them on for ages and I've had various city, county, and state LEOs not even take a second look. But I got pulled over. Personally I think the cop was either bored or never saw a Volt before and wanted a closer look.

·
Registered
195 Posts
:)I have a thin black frame. The back of the Bolt says "Bolt EV". That's enough for me. I'm pro EV, but if I blend in with the crowd, that's good.

Reactions: surgeonFWW

·
Registered
65 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks. This is helpful. For some reason, when I tried to locate this plate on the Chevy accessories website, it was not showing up. :)

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Went to the site and when I put in trim Premier comes up does not fit my vehicle but if I put in LT it is okay, is there a difference in license plate area between LT and Premier?
Camera block too big on Premier? License plate frame looks really close to the camera on pics some have posted.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had a custom license plate frame made that says “100% Electric - Charging Forward”. There are several license plate frame makers online, take the time to shop for the wording you like best.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a cnc router at home, I can possibly fab up some custom plate holders if people are interested made of plastic or aluminum. For mine I was thinking "Bolt Life 100 % Electric"

1 - 20 of 30 Posts