Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Come to think about it, it might be easy for them to be tight-lipped about a product that sits above the Bolt on its platform since testing on in public is easy to hide. They can disguise it as a Bolt, and we might just notice differences like a higher ride height, different tires, etc. just nothing very obvious.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Anyone catch a whiff of the new Buick Velite concept thats supposed to be for the China market ? Apparently it's a version of the Volt or something in regards to Buicks new Blue brand for eco cars.

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Come to think about it, it might be easy for them to be tight-lipped about a product that sits above the Bolt on its platform since testing on in public is easy to hide. They can disguise it as a Bolt, and we might just notice differences like a higher ride height, different tires, etc. just nothing very obvious.
GM won't divulge the exact platform designation of the Bolt (no, the official name is not BEVII). Why? They likely have other products in development, but suppliers would be able to put 2 + 2 together if they knew the platform name, so GM is being hush-hush on the designator.

I'll take a Jolt EV SS please. :D

·
Registered
731 Posts
GM won't divulge the exact platform designation of the Bolt (no, the official name is not BEVII). Why? They likely have other products in development, but suppliers would be able to put 2 + 2 together if they knew the platform name, so GM is being hush-hush on the designator.

I'll take a Jolt EV SS please. :D
Never realized that was a thing and someone even created a site for it, part similar to what Chevy would have up.

http://www.chevyjoltev.com/

In my opinion THAT isn't as likely as something more family oriented.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Gm has in my opinion technical development and I have a strong desire to buy GM products...but I would not purchase a bolt ....and I am waiting for a Porsche Macan inspired AWD cuv or even fwd cuv from gmc or Cadillac whichever gm decides to do.
So you will not enter a hardware store to "purchase a bolt".>:)

·
Registered
786 Posts
Anyone catch a whiff of the new Buick Velite concept thats supposed to be for the China market ? Apparently it's a version of the Volt or something in regards to Buicks new Blue brand for eco cars.
That isn't a "whiff" anymore. It is true! Visit the "gm-volt.com" forum and see pictures of it in past postings. Someone did see a Buick Velite with camoflague covering on the road in the U.S.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
If I didn't know better, I'd think the Jolt EV page was legitimate. We need an affordable electric coupe in our lives!

Since fans are calling a coupe the Jolt, what would you name a Bolt SUV or sedan?

·
Registered
31 Posts
You know it's quite possible they'll offer a Volt-platform based 5-seater to rival the Prius V, or maybe something bigger all depending on what current needs of consumer are on the market and who exactly they want to target.

A little preview... google "Volt MPV5"

·
Registered
118 Posts
The Prius V is Toyota's Prius ugly oversized daughter, it is the largest of the three Prius models and badly under powered getting an average 33mpg, naming a child of a Bolt a MPV5 after an awful automobile is disgusting, surely a better more fitting name will be found.
BTW: My Bolt is replacing my 3 yr old Prius V being returned off lease in mid December, my Bolt build date is mid December, so I will be without a car (I have 2 other electric vehicles) for a few weeks until arrival a few weeks later.
Worth the wait I believe.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
The Toyota Prius is certainly a unique looking model no matter the model year... Maybe they'll name a larger sized Bolt the Chevy Flash.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The Prius V is Toyota's Prius ugly oversized daughter, it is the largest of the three Prius models and badly under powered getting an average 33mpg, naming a child of a Bolt a MPV5 after an awful automobile is disgusting, surely a better more fitting name will be found.
BTW: My Bolt is replacing my 3 yr old Prius V being returned off lease in mid December, my Bolt build date is mid December, so I will be without a car (I have 2 other electric vehicles) for a few weeks until arrival a few weeks later.
Worth the wait I believe.
It was just a "code name" if you will that was thrown around, but in the end it will no doubt follow the direction Chevy has already gone with its EV naming scheme as all brands do no matter what line of vehicles they are making, just don't know what will sit well with Volt and Bolt...unless the _olt's are reserved for smaller passenger vehicles and anything bigger will be called something different.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts