Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The below highlights key points about the interior on the Chevy Bolt EV Concept, however looking at what Chevrolet current has available in the 2016 Volt and other vehicles, it's not hard to imagine what this will be like on a production level:

For the Bolt EV cabin, Chevrolet reinterpreted their signature dual-cockpit layout, seamlessly incorporating easy-to-use technology with minimal design to create an easier, more enjoyable driving experience.

The interior of the Bolt EV concept car is intended to feel like a sanctuary. The generous headroom and legroom wonderfully combines with a contemporary, light color scheme to give the concept car a warm and roomy feel.

The minimal center console appears to float between lightweight, slim-architecture seats mounted on aluminum pedestals.

A central touch screen gives the driver access to an array of electronic readouts with only a tap or two on the large, 10-inch diagonal screen.

The Bolt Connect app would provide drivers with an unprecedented level of vehicle control. Incorporating automatic park-and-retrieval technology, owners will be able to exit the vehicle and tell Bolt EV to park itself while they run errands, then summon it to their location when they’re done.

·
Registered
786 Posts
The "park-and-retrieval" features has not been proven on any GM vehicle yet. Only the present Chevy SS has a "park assistance system" since 2014, and several YouTube videos show how it works, just like what Ford offers in almost all its cars except the Fiesta. So until someone posts either a factory supplied test video or a spy video (or both), I recommend waiting until that Bolt feature has been demostrated, since it can be a deal-getter (or breaker) for customers.

·
Registered
428 Posts
They use such flowery language to describe the interior here. It's kinda funny. I thought that a few pictures of the interior might be good for this thread, so here you go.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would assume an infotainment system screen would sit on top the dash if they don't mount it dead center on the outermost part closer to the driver.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the pictures! Not really sure I like the white steering wheel. Just looks like it will get dirty super fast. The interior looks futuristic but pretty basic at the same time.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The "park-and-retrieval" features has not been proven on any GM vehicle yet. Only the present Chevy SS has a "park assistance system" since 2014, and several YouTube videos show how it works, just like what Ford offers in almost all its cars except the Fiesta. So until someone posts either a factory supplied test video or a spy video (or both), I recommend waiting until that Bolt feature has been demostrated, since it can be a deal-getter (or breaker) for customers.
I think they have more a reason to include it in an EV since it seems car makers are trying to make EV's not just about electric power but as a techy platform.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I am not so sure about the white interior either, just from a practical standpoint. I like how it is simple though. Car interiors should try to be more simple these days. Often times there is far too much going on. It would be refreshing to have an interior that is very clean and simple, yet still includes the main features that you need.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a concept.

If it was a production model, then you could expect the interior to be much like the rest of what they offer and specifically the new Volt.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I think they have more a reason to include it in an EV since it seems car makers are trying to make EV's not just about electric power but as a techy platform.
I doubt if someone will buy an unproven feature, even if you say it will be "included". Would you trust this blindly, or prefer to read more and/or see a demostration of it?:|

I have tested the Ford Fusion "Park Assist" feature and it works so I can trust Ford's technology. Until GM's feature is tested, either by me (I am an EE) or a professional reviewer, I cannot recommend or buy it.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I doubt if someone will buy an unproven feature, even if you say it will be "included". Would you trust this blindly, or prefer to read more and/or see a demostration of it?:|

I have tested the Ford Fusion "Park Assist" feature and it works so I can trust Ford's technology. Until GM's feature is tested, either by me (I am an EE) or a professional reviewer, I cannot recommend or buy it.
I said "in an EV" wasn't specific to a vehicle coming out in something at a set date. Of course they would include the feature once proven, it's illogical to think or mention otherwise, there's just too much to risk to play that.

We'll see it demonstrated before experiencing it in a vehicle we can buy.

·
Registered
263 Posts
A recent report by transportevolved.com includes two interior photos of the Bolt EV and one of them includes a shot of the digital speedometer while it's on! This is just the concept car so the dash may look different in the production model but it's pretty nice for pre-production.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The dash looks quite standard, seems like none of the icons or anything move as some systems do, take Lexus for example. I take it that Chevy will have this system evolve once it gets into the production bolt.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I expect to see something extremely similar to what is in the Volt. I don't think they have much of a reason to change it up. You can already see how similar it is to the Volt from what they have done with the concept Bolt.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No doubt, I expect there to be a lot of similarities going on but the bolt being cheaper might get slightly less when you look at it overall, just to help differentiate the two.

·
Registered
428 Posts
The Volt interior is pretty simple though. Maybe a few differences in trim or materials, but I think it will largely be the same.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Volt interior is pretty simple though. Maybe a few differences in trim or materials, but I think it will largely be the same.
What would be cool is for them to model what Mazda does to its interiors, that level of colored stitching. It's something that would complement the overall feel GM is going for in these EV's.

·
Registered
263 Posts
No doubt, I expect there to be a lot of similarities going on but the bolt being cheaper might get slightly less when you look at it overall, just to help differentiate the two.
I thought the Bolt was going to be more expensive than the Volt. Wouldn't' the interior be better than their volt model?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts