Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I ordered a loaded 2018 Chevy Bolt Premier and should be taking delivery of it sometime in the next week or so (when I talked to my car salesmen yesterday, it was stopped in Ohio and I'm in SoCal). I was wondering what key features I should inspect and what issues I should look for upon delivery. For example, I know some Bolts received a bad batch of mirrors and the reflective coating was flaking off. I doubt that will be an issue upon delivery, but it is something I plan to check. What other suggestions do you have?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
In addition to previous info from XJ12's links.

Check presence of 1.) tire inflator kit (std Canada) , 2.) any other "LPO's" (dealer installed equipment).

LPO's parts get ordered via the dealership parts department. That process may not be coordinated with the dealership's sales department. If any pieces of LPO are missing, go straight to the Parts Manager and find out when and how they're going to fulfill this commitment.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Make sure they have your car completely charged! My car only had 60 miles and I live 40 miles from the dealership. Range anxiety is something you don't want to deal with on the first day.

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Make sure they have your car completely charged! My car only had 60 miles and I live 40 miles from the dealership. Range anxiety is something you don't want to deal with on the first day.
My car had only 60 miles on it too. But dealer only had a 16 amp EVSE and I wanted my car! I only needed 10 miles to get home.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
In Canada in order to get Bolt EV franchise dealer commits to get at least one L3 EVSE. They should be able to make arrangements to charge up new deliveries very quick. Well DCFC is std equip here too.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Since your Bolt was most likely transported via open carrier... I'd take a real good look at the paint, surfaces, etc... for any damage.

167 Posts
Lot's To Inspect!

I ordered a loaded 2018 Chevy Bolt Premier and should be taking delivery of it sometime in the next week or so (when I talked to my car salesmen yesterday, it was stopped in Ohio and I'm in SoCal). I was wondering what key features I should inspect and what issues I should look for upon delivery. For example, I know some Bolts received a bad batch of mirrors and the reflective coating was flaking off. I doubt that will be an issue upon delivery, but it is something I plan to check. What other suggestions do you have?
Is your home EVSE level 2 charger installed? Delivery acceptance inspection checklists---I used one I found at Edmunds for an ICE car but still useful.
Open the front door and on the door well is a data plate showing the car build date. Make sure youre getting a Feb or March build date. Odometer should be less then 20. Open all doors and hatch and check inventory for what should be present according to the invoice. After a basic safety walkaround, I would test drive the car. There should be no rattles, sqeaks or noise anomalies. Check climate contrlols, cruise control, infotainment, regenerative controls, L mode, etc. Before you drive, review the Bolt EV controls and indicators on YouTube videos. Returning to the dealership, start looking in detail at fit and finish. Look at the car's paint from different angles. Check all seams inside and out. Check operation of all systems, lights indicators. This requires 2 people to observe lights, etc. Check all resorvoir fluid levels. Get under car and look for leaks from areas like the steering rack up front. Check paperwork for correct VIN on car.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
....I found at Edmunds for an ICE car but still useful....Make sure you're getting a Feb or March build date.
That's probably not even physically possible as it's only March 7th, usually takes 6+ weeks to deliver a car.
Even if it's fresh off the line, latest build date would most likely be Dec 2017 or Jan 2018.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
....I found at Edmunds for an ICE car but still useful....Make sure you're getting a Feb or March build date.
That's probably not even physically possible as it's only March 7th, usually takes 6+ weeks to deliver a car.
Even if it's fresh off the line, latest build date would most likely be Dec 2017 or Jan 2018.

The dealership told me it went into production on February 17, 2018.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I didn't inspect anything but walk around the car, they are detailed for delivery so any cosmetic flaws will show. EVSE was there and so were the floormats. Flipped through the displays and saw the tire pressures were a few lbs under the placard numbers, as it was the "getting colder" part of winter I had them put 39 psi all the way around. Done.

OK, I'm lucky to have a top notch dealership so I am confident issues will get handled immediately.

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
I got to the dealer as early as I could before they finished prepping the car, so I could instruct them to not install the front license plate holder. Whew, got there in time. Not before they put their dealer logo on the back of plastic raised letters. It ended up coming off halfway due them putting it on the curvature of the hatch. They tried to match the Bolt EV nameplate install. But the adhesive didn't handle it. Removed the thing when washing the car as I noticed it coming loose.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I got to the dealer as early as I could before they finished prepping the car, so I could instruct them to not install the front license plate holder. Whew, got there in time.
You mentioned you were in SoCal. It's the law to have a front license plate on cars in California. Violating the law risks a ticket (I think it's about $114).

Cars have license plates. If you're okay with the ugliness of having one on the back, you ought to be okay with the ugliness of having one on the front too.

FWIW, my dealer didn't put on the front plate holder so I brought the car back once the plates arrived and that put it on for free.

Not before they put their dealer logo on the back of plastic raised letters. It ended up coming off halfway due them putting it on the curvature of the hatch. They tried to match the Bolt EV nameplate install. But the adhesive didn't handle it. Removed the thing when washing the car as I noticed it coming loose.
Thankfully, I managed to prevent my dealer doing anything like that. I gave very explicit instructions that the car should remain “as it came”.

I did allow them dealer license plate frames, since they also put on the plates for me. I'll replace them soon enough.

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
You mentioned you were in SoCal. It's the law to have a front license plate on cars in California. Violating the law risks a ticket (I think it's about $114).
I'm not in California. I'm in one of the 19 states that doesn't require a front plate.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts