Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lets say you find a Bolt that is a retired "demo vehicle"... Obviously nobody would pay full price for a Bolt with 2500 miles on the odo already. What do you feel would be a reasonable discount below MSRP?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm seeing $3000-4500 off new cars, depending on areas of the country, so $7000 should definitely be a starting point.
Thats what I was thinking. I walked on a deal where I was shown a Bolt with 2500 miles AND had hail damage that was fixed. They did take 4000 off sticker, but I felt they had much more room as someone else on this forum stated they managed to get $4k off of a NEW Bolt. This was a demo with (fixed) hail damage. So I know they got a fat check from insurance and just fixed it in house (as if they didnt fix it for less than insurance gave them)

Perhaps I would take the deal as is if I could just get the fabled $3000 private offer from GM, but that seems like a lottery draw. I have a 2013 Volt now... so I know I am in GM's system.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Depends on the day and market situation.

There was a used Bolt Premier with 9859 miles advertised by Brenengen Chevrolet in West Salem, WI. Very early manufacture date 12/16/16. This particular Bolt had a Branded Manufacturer "Buy Back" title. (AKA: Lemon title) Dealership purchased it at GM dealer auction. The service history revolved around the display not functioning correctly.

The dealership sold it in 3 days at their asking price of: $30,999. (From what I was told)

That's a 9-Month old Bolt without clean title. about 72% of MSRP.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
See if they're willing to negotiate for lower or wait a bit and buy when they have to fill their sales quota. I think it's monthly?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
See if they're willing to negotiate for lower or wait a bit and buy when they have to fill their sales quota. I think it's monthly?
Im not in any real hurry to buy so I can certainly wait until 2018 models hit the lot, which will also be near the end of the year. I imagine by that time there will probably be some kind of closeout deal on new 2017s and probably more demos to chose from. I think these guys are being a bit greedy IMO.

If I happen to come across a private offer from GM, it would push me off the fence... some people say they get them all the time. I have never received a single one, though I have purchased two chevys in the last five years. :mad:

·
Registered
624 Posts
you should make sure it's not being sold as a used car, because you won't get the tax break. only new cars qualify. if it's being sold as used, make sure you subtract enough to cover that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you should make sure it's not being sold as a used car, because you won't get the tax break. only new cars qualify. if it's being sold as used, make sure you subtract enough to cover that.
This one is not being sold as new. I made sure to get that clarified.

·
Registered
107 Posts
If that is the case, $7,000 off is not enough as someone else got the $7,500 federal tax credit and whatever state incentive you have in your state.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am eying a Bolt that was used as a loaner vehicle by the dealer and has all the options I want (about 3100 miles on it). They took the $7500 tax break off the price of the vehicle sticker and because no one has "owned" it I would get the full Chevy warranty. With the taxes and fees I some out at $33k.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts