Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm seeing $3000-4500 off new cars, depending on areas of the country, so $7000 should definitely be a starting point.
Thats what I was thinking. I walked on a deal where I was shown a Bolt with 2500 miles AND had hail damage that was fixed. They did take 4000 off sticker, but I felt they had much more room as someone else on this forum stated they managed to get $4k off of a NEW Bolt. This was a demo with (fixed) hail damage. So I know they got a fat check from insurance and just fixed it in house (as if they didnt fix it for less than insurance gave them)

Perhaps I would take the deal as is if I could just get the fabled $3000 private offer from GM, but that seems like a lottery draw. I have a 2013 Volt now... so I know I am in GM's system.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Depends on the day and market situation.

There was a used Bolt Premier with 9859 miles advertised by Brenengen Chevrolet in West Salem, WI. Very early manufacture date 12/16/16. This particular Bolt had a Branded Manufacturer "Buy Back" title. (AKA: Lemon title) Dealership purchased it at GM dealer auction. The service history revolved around the display not functioning correctly.

The dealership sold it in 3 days at their asking price of: $30,999. (From what I was told)

That's a 9-Month old Bolt without clean title. about 72% of MSRP.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
See if they're willing to negotiate for lower or wait a bit and buy when they have to fill their sales quota. I think it's monthly?
Im not in any real hurry to buy so I can certainly wait until 2018 models hit the lot, which will also be near the end of the year. I imagine by that time there will probably be some kind of closeout deal on new 2017s and probably more demos to chose from. I think these guys are being a bit greedy IMO.

If I happen to come across a private offer from GM, it would push me off the fence... some people say they get them all the time. I have never received a single one, though I have purchased two chevys in the last five years. :mad:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am eying a Bolt that was used as a loaner vehicle by the dealer and has all the options I want (about 3100 miles on it). They took the $7500 tax break off the price of the vehicle sticker and because no one has "owned" it I would get the full Chevy warranty. With the taxes and fees I some out at $33k.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts