Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Bolt LT
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure I am not the only one who receives these mailers soliciting to buy an extended warranty.
I just bought the car 5 months ago new, I am sure I ok with the warranty for a while.
One thing they got right is the color of my car. I think everything else is kind of wrong. starting by - engine , turbo, transmission, fuel system, ignition switch.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well, you do have A/C and power steering at least! :D

·
Registered
2021 Bolt Premier
3,016 Posts
I am sure I am not the only one who receives these mailers soliciting to buy an extended warranty.
I just bought the car 5 months ago new, I am sure I ok with the warranty for a while.
One thing they got right is the color of my car. I think everything else is kind of wrong. starting by - engine , turbo, transmission, fuel system, ignition switch. View attachment 34761
Run, don't walk, to your nearest recycling bin. Immediately deposit displayed flyer there. The "warranty" isn't worth the paper it's printed upon.

·
Registered
'20 Bolt Premium
12 Posts
I wish this forum had a laughing reaction post. Since it does not, I’ll just like it and use this emoji instead :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
575 Posts
They forgot the muffler bearings!

Fact is, they'd never send these things out unless enough people bit to make it worth their while.

·
Registered
717 Posts
What? No headlight fluid? 🤣🤣🤣👍🏻🤣

Reactions: nokianich

·
Registered
2020 Bolt LT
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fact is, they'd never send these things out unless enough people bit to make it worth their while.
Sadly this is true. yeap, we receive mailers for different vehicles we own. and relentless automated phone calls. I am curious who sells our info to these people? I have a few guesses.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Don't forget about the power steering pump and fluid. There was a good bit of fun had when electric power steering came out asking folks to check the power steering fluid :)

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Sadly this is true. yeap, we receive mailers for different vehicles we own. and relentless automated phone calls. I am curious who sells our info to these people? I have a few guesses.
I still get occasional mailers for a Civic I sold in 2009. Whoever is buying my information is getting ripped off.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Just as clueless as Chevy itself, which would send me coupons for dealer services such as oil changes.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I accept that they just automate these and merge whatever photo applies to the name of the car. There's little to no thought or review of these before they go out. But these mailers should be illegal. The car already has a factory warranty, but this card says the new owner hasn't updated their warranty, and that they'll be responsible for repairs out of pocket unless they call. This is just a flat out scam.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt Premier
3,016 Posts
My Bolt came with extra flicker fluid for the turn signals,...
I did upgrade to high performance windshield washer fluid and was impressed with the improvement in acceleration!
But was it "Digital HD Ultra-Low Viscosity High Performance iWindshield Washer Fluid"? That's "The Kind".

·
Registered
2020 Bolt LT
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Does the warranty include the replacement of this bearing, should it wear out? My BOLT EV has two, labeled as "frontal and dorsal" :)

·
Registered
2020 Bolt
111 Posts
What's wrong is that it says FINAL NOTICE when I can guarantee you that they will still be calling and calling and calling and calling ...

·
Registered
387 Posts
As a general rule, the more urgent an envelope claims to be, the less urgent it is.

Ones that say:
URGENT! CONFIDENTIAL! TO BE OPENED ONLY BY ADDRESSEE! FEDERAL PENALTY FOR THEFT!
are uniformly junk mail.

Blank envelopes are the most important, and contain things like credit cards.

One exception is TIME SENSITIVE -- which often seems to be time sensitive for real.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts