Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Bolt LT - Gunmetal Gray
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering what all you people are naming your cars. I haven't thought of one for my Bolt yet.

·
Registered
356 Posts
No name for my Bolt yet but my 2012 Fiat is Sophia. There is also a string of pears around the mirror because Italian woman love that stuff.

·
Registered
24 Posts
If I had to name mine it would be rattle can. I've owned it since November and I have never owned a vehicle that squeaks and rattles more than this. I suppose I should be thankful I didn't buy a Model 3 though as I've heard they're worse. I'm counting the months until my lease is up in 2022 :( I don't have a name my other two ICE vehicles though so this would be a first.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
If I had to name mine it would be rattle can. I've owned it since November and I have never owned a vehicle that squeaks and rattles more than this. I suppose I should be thankful I didn't buy a Model 3 though as I've heard they're worse. I'm counting the months until my lease is up in 2022 :( I don't have a name my other two ICE vehicles though so this would be a first.
Most of that is probably due to the lack of noise the vehicle itself produces. As a result, all the other sounds that the Bolt EV (and nearly every other car) make are amplified. It's something that ICE drivers have to adjust to when transitioning to an EV.

It's also possible that you're one of the lucky few Bolt EV owners who got a car with bad bushings and stabilizer links.

·
Registered
2020 Bolt LT aka Doc Brown
3 Posts
Doc Brown. How much power? "1.21 gigawatts!". That was all my wife could think about after taking our test drive and punching the accelerator 😉 reference for those who are scratching their head: quote from Back to the Future

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
There are people who anthropomorphize their inanimate objects by naming them and those who don't. I don't.

If I had to name mine it would be rattle can. I've owned it since November and I have never owned a vehicle that squeaks and rattles more than this..
Sorry your Bolt rattles. Ours is one of the most solid, quietest cars we've ever owned. Narry a rattle of any description.

jack vines

·
Registered
439 Posts
I find the very idea of naming a MACHINE laughable. Names are meant for personalities which is something a machine does not have.

To each their own.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
I find the very idea of naming a MACHINE laughable. Names are meant for personalities which is something a machine does not have.

To each their own.
Names can also be symbolic. I named my Bolt EV "Night Fall" for the purposes of BoltEVStats! because it is Nightfall Grey Metallic, but it's also symbolic of a societal transition and a reference to Isaac Asimov's short story Nightfall.

Names are also a way of quickly identifying and distinguishing between two similar things. EVgo named their chargers because they found it easier for customers than the charger designation codes.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have named all of my recent Electric cars H.A.L. with I, II, III, etc. Presently on H.A.L. V. This is from the computer in 2001. I did this because my cars send me text
messages soit was my computer talking to me. Licence plate on it is GOGREEN. I have several motorcycles with personalized plates as well. 2013 Zero FX licence
plate GASSUX. 2014 Zero S, licence plate YBUYGAS. Kawasaki Turbo with licence Plate QSHIP. Various references, I like the one from the 1800s. A fully loaded
battle ship that didn't look anything likewhat it was. Pirates would see it, attempt to attack it then get destroyed by it after it was too late. The Kawasaki Turbo looked
very much like the GPZ 750 at the time but had the power of a modified 1100. I also have a Grand National. A car built by Buick in the 80s with a turbocharged
6 cylinder that was meant to compete against the V8s in NASCAR. The plate on it is YGETAV8. Finally, a Suzuki Bandit with the Licence Plate THIEF.
By the way donaldtico nice looking car. Here is mine at the race track, towing my Electric Motorcycle.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 44 Posts