Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if the silver plastic insert deals come off? The feel like they might but I don’t want to pull on them too hard for obvious reasons.
Thanks
Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Automotive design

·
Registered
189 Posts
I recall seeing a post where someone removed the inserts. My impression was the come off once the wheel nuts are removed.

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Bolt Premiere
325 Posts
If you're a member of any Facebook Bolt groups - I
think I saw somebody took the inserts out. I think to
paint them black. If I recall need; to remove wheel -
to access one screw holding each plastic part from
the back.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
449 Posts
Anyone know if the silver plastic insert deals come off? The feel like they might but I don’t want to pull on them too hard for obvious reasons.
Thanks View attachment 45182
Yes they do. This person removed them to paint them. However, I don't think it is meant for you to drive without them on.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Funny thing, I just pick my 2022 EUV lunch edition and it has the same wheel only with the black plastic inserts instead of gray. I guess having unique wheels for the lunch edition was to much work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Agreed. If your going to make a launch edition of such a great little car why not do it right? That said I’ve only got 250 miles on this little monster and it absolutely love it.
It’s amazing how well it puts the power down to the front wheels. We went from a Spark ev to a 1st gen volt to a second gen volt and this car is night and day in terms of how finds grip compared to the latter three.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Funny thing, I just pick my 2022 EUV lunch edition and it has the same wheel only with the black plastic inserts instead of gray. I guess having unique wheels for the lunch edition was to much work.
Yup. If you really look, the wheels on the base LT and the Premier are the same as well. LT gets silver painted, Premier gets machined/black, but it's the same wheel. The 2023 Redline gets the same wheel as the Launch Edition, but with 2 red stripes painted on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
These plastic inserts seem flimsy. They are only held on by 2 screws as far as I can tell, and I could see them getting broken easily. And those black replacements Chevy sells are $100 PER WHEEL.

·
Registered
88 Posts
On the plus side, anyone who wants to do a color theme on their LT or Launch Edition; it is really easy to remove the inserts and paint them. Then you will have a easy and cheap two tone wheels to show your EUV.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I wish they made something like that for the first gen EV wheels. I tried to 3D print the ones I saw on line but they don’t stay on very well.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts