Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I get better 0-60 times? My wheels spin a lot. Is there a system I can turn on to help ?

Thanks !

-EggRoll

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
As others have mentioned, tires will help, but they will also reduce your range if that's OK. Ultimately though, if you want to go EV drag racing, wait for the Model 3. It will have the major benefit of being RWD. FWD, particularly without a limited slip differential is pretty bad for drag racing.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Besides tires, which are essential as mentioned, you just need to learn to feather the throttle so that you're getting the most traction you can out of your tires at any one time. I run into the same problem in my GTI constantly, most fwd cars with torque are the same.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the tips- wheels and tires are on my to-do list. I want to make sure I'm getting the stickiest stuff possible. at least now I know I'm not missing a launch control button or something.

I've always liked Tesla's products-- just never had enough dough. Maybe I'll come into a large sum of disposable cash in the next year or two ;p

·
Registered
322 Posts
you just need to learn to feather the throttle so that you're getting the most traction you can out of your tires at any one time.
Since the only thing the Sport button does is increase the sensitivity of the accelerator pedal, you might find it easier to control the throttle in normal mode. (yes, ironic.)

·
Registered
735 Posts
thanks for the tips- wheels and tires are on my to-do list. I want to make sure I'm getting the stickiest stuff possible. at least now I know I'm not missing a launch control button or something.

I've always liked Tesla's products-- just never had enough dough. Maybe I'll come into a large sum of disposable cash in the next year or two ;p
Can't wait to see what tires you end up getting along with what numbers you get in terms of Range. People fear a drop in Range but if it's knocking off a few points then... I can live with that. Overall, the Bolt is a win coming from my history of "dirty" vehicles.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts

Just remember stickiest stuff possible comes with a much lower treadwear rating. So you may want to do some good searching and find a tire that has a balance of great dry/wet grip but has a decent treadwear rating. Unless replacing tires won't be an issue for you, then by all means, Yoko AD08R ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts