Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the Bolt's brake lights activate when lifting up on the accelerator while doing one-pedal driving? How about when using the regenerative braking paddle on the steering wheel? I know some drivers love to tailgate, and I'm not sure if that is what I'm experiencing, or if the trailing driver does not see my brake lights come on? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
You have to reach a certain deceleration g-force level to activate the brake lights, it's a fairly low... in practical terms... if you're decelerating the Bolt the brake lights will activate. Doesn't matter if you lift off the accelerator or pull in the regen paddle... it works for either of them.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Yes, No, Maybe.

Just yesterday, as my wife drove into a local business parking lot, a following driver took the trouble to come up and scare her. "You don't have any brake lights. Your turn signal was on, but you had no brake lights."

jack vines

·
Registered
979 Posts
According to GM if deceleration is around -0.1G or greater the brake lights will illuminate automatically without touching brake pedal. (I’ve measured that my Bolt’s L mode+paddle deceleration can pull up to negative 0.4G’s).

When one pedal driving when vehicle is brought to a halt, regardless of which method used - - L mode and/or paddle – requires that you rest your foot on the brake pedal in order that the brake lights remain illuminated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts