Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all you new Bolt owners - Can you list all the things that I should be sure the stealership does to insure I have a fully equipped Bolt when I leave the dealership. ie. full charge, make sure my evse is in the back,....

Looking for your best check list for when I pick up.

·
Registered
95 Posts
For all you new Bolt owners - Can you list all the things that I should be sure the stealership does to insure I have a fully equipped Bolt when I leave the dealership. ie. full charge, make sure my evse is in the back,....

Looking for your best check list for when I pick up.

very unlikely you will get it fully charged unless you are patient enough to give them an extra day to charge it up.

mine came with 20 mile range and both volts I picked up were similarly empty - I however were pacing up and down the dealership waiting for the delivery truck ;)

other than that if it's even a remotely decent dealer they will walk you thru everything and you can come back anytime for questions ...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Besides the obvious of going through a checklist to see that all the buttons, touchscreen, windows, engine is clean (no leaks of fluids), having a charge as mentioned, I found it useful to have them walk me through:

* Carplay - bring a usb cable to plug your phone into the system and bring up a map. You'll need the android app if not using an iPhone.
* How to set up the charging times (off peak etc)
* How to customize the screen
* Where to find the 120v charging cable
* explain the onstar system (i.e. that I didn't get charge when the trial period expires)

To be clear, I didn't want them (or me) to do the above programming at the dealership, but I wanted them to show me how to get to the screens, explain a bit about the content all so that I could do it efficiently when I got home.

I also suggest that you register and familiarize yourself with ChargePoint and how it works shortly after you get your car. Even if you don't plan on using it, you never know if you'll need it and when you need it. And, that won't be the time to do your discovery. It's new to me and I spent a few minutes on the phone with CP to understand the process, app, billing and so on. In fact, I'll be trying it out today for the first time just to experiment with it as I've never used it (since I charge at home and with solar).
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
17 Posts
very unlikely you will get it fully charged unless you are patient enough to give them an extra day to charge it up.

mine came with 20 mile range
The best way to fix this is to tell the salesperson up front you want a full charge before leaving the dealership. Then, when you show up to do the paperwork, insist on seeing the vehicle beforehand - so you can check the charge status - even if it is "getting a fresh carwash, etc." If it isn't charged, reschedule your paperwork time and delivery. Harsh, but that is the only way to make sure they begin to understand. Nearly every dealership will give you a full tank of gas (for ICE vehicles) to drive away with, simply as a courtesy. You should also get a full "tank" or charge and you deserve no less!

Joe

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
The best way to fix this is to tell the salesperson up front you want a full charge before leaving the dealership. Then, when you show up to do the paperwork, insist on seeing the vehicle beforehand - so you can check the charge status - even if it is "getting a fresh carwash, etc."
You should check out the vehicle before signing the paperwork anyway, even if you don't care about the charge status. If there's anything wrong with the car at all the dealer has a lot more incentive to get it fixed if the paperwork hasn't been signed.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your ideas guys, keep them comng!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Check to make sure the Level 1 charger is included. It would be great if the dealer were to put into the foam in the storage area where the spare tire should have gone, but make sure you get it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts