Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
I would presume it makes little to no sense for them to have multiple versions of packs sitting around? I would guess that the new part number would supercede the old one? That would at least mean if You need warranty replacement or You're paying out of pocket to get a replacement You'll get a slightly better hv pack. Also I would think it's reasonable to assume You could take a pack outta a wrecked 2020 and install into A 2017-2019 and be good to go?

·
Registered
362 Posts
I thought that software and bms chips were built into the pack itself? I know there was a teardown video on YouTube about a year back?

·
Registered
180 Posts
So you'll be buying a LR Model Y then? Anybody who thinks there will be an option as good as the Model Y/ Supercharger network, for the same money, in the next five years, is deluding themselves.
It's an interesting point. I love my Bolt, and will drive it until it will drive no more. But I must say I did enjoy staring at the Jaguar iPace while using their CCS charger. It does have a 90 kW battery, but a shorter range than the Bolt. While I might appreciate a 400 hp, dual drive EV, I already consider my Bolt the zippiest car I have ever owned (and mildly thankful for the 92 mph governor).

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
I thought that software and bms chips were built into the pack itself? I know there was a teardown video on YouTube about a year back?
True. The BMS is built into the pack, and any electronic modules replaced in the car need to be initialized, or whatever it's called, to play nice with the car anyway.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
8 Participants
GJETSON
Chevy Bolt EV Forum
We’re the Largest Chevy Bolt EV Online Community and Owner's Club. Join to discuss sport mode, reviews, battery range and charging!
Full Forum Listing