Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In June it was announced that South Carolina GM dealers would be able to order Bolts. I placed my order and by using the Chevy Chat Room (and submitting my order number) was told that my Bolt would be built on August 8. It was confirmed that it was shipped on the 15th. It has been over two weeks (this is August 31) and my Bolt location is unknown. My dealer informs me that GM has no system to track vehicles from the factory to the dealer. What frustrates me even more is that orders to my dealer in Charleston, SC were placed two weeks after mine and their Bolts have already been delivered. The GM customer service department says they can't help. The Bolt chat room says they can't help. Was it stolen? Was it shipped to another state? Did the delivery truck wreck. General Motors has no answers.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
GM HAS a system to track vehicle's progress to the dealership. They simply lost it and are covering their... tracks! I saw on a YouTube video (embedded here in the Forum) today that Chevy temporarily closed the factory due to having over 3500 Bolts that were unsold/unordered. Where did those all go? Why did SC have to wait until June to order? Why did WV residents have to wait until Sept. to order? At least, (I think we were the last) in 2.5 hours you will be able to buy a Bolt in any State in the Union! I am sorry for all your troubles and hope that, soon, all will be rectified.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Could be that shipping is taking a very long time. Someone on the forum once tracked how their Bolt was shipped and it basically went across the country then backtracked to get to him.

·
Registered
355 Posts
The vehicles usually travel from the factory by train and are delivered to a train yard near your location and then trucked to the dealer. When I was waiting for my first Volt they gave me a train tracking # that I could check the location online. Mine sat at the train yard for a week before being put on a truck and delivered to the dealer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The vehicles usually travel from the factory by train and are delivered to a train yard near your location and then trucked to the dealer. When I was waiting for my first Volt they gave me a train tracking # that I could check the location online. Mine sat at the train yard for a week before being put on a truck and delivered to the dealer.

It has been two weeks since I posted "Where is my Bolt" and six weeks since I received a notice that it was shipped. The Rick Hendricks dealer in Charleston, SC is adamant in stating that they can't give me a train tracking number and still can't find the Bolt. However, yesterday they said it was on a truck somewhere in SC!! I was making plans to buy one in North Carolina when I got their call. Maybe it will come next week.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I saw on a YouTube video (embedded here in the Forum) today that Chevy temporarily closed the factory due to having over 3500 Bolts that were unsold/unordered.
Are you referring to the end of July shutdown?

As one of my favorite books on journalism suggests, our dear keyboard-whacking "experts" - and YouTube is not an exception - occasionally suffer from AECS (Ass & Elbow Conflation Syndrome).

In reality, many UAW folks like to take a couple of weeks of vacation in late July - early August, and that's when automotive companies schedule summer shutdowns for maintenance, equipment installation, retooling etc.

·
Registered
195 Posts
:eek:Unfortunate and unique situation. Hopefully, sooner rather than later. I considered ordering a Bolt, but almost all Premier models are fully equipped. The only variable is color. When I found a acceptable lease deal, I also found my perfect Bolt.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Cars leave the factory by truck to Ohio and then get shipped by train across the US.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bolt finally arrived

Well, my Bolt Premier arrived yesterday and I took it on a 100 mile trip today. Everything works and I am completely satisfied. General Motors would not take responsibility for the delay but the dealer gave me a 12 month subscription to OnStar as compensation.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Anyone knows how long the 2018 Bolts até taking to reach Canada? I signed the papers this week and the dealership told me 8-10 months for the 2018 premier model I chose...
I read somewhere that it might be sooner (6 months) since that was the time frame for the 2017 model and now Chevrolet is trying its best to have more models for the Canadian market... my main concern is the depreciation of my trade in vehicle... anyway I cannot wait!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts