Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

Which Bolt would you rather have?

• Concept version

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Production version

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Neither. I wish it looked like a Tesla or something.

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The concept Bolt...

...or the production Bolt?

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I like the concept Bolt front end better, but everything else I like production. Faux grills are so passe, and they represent inefficiency. Why would I want to emphasize inefficiency? I guess I don't like the Bolt badge either, but that's minor. Don't know why I'm commenting because appearance matters very little to me.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I liked the concept when I saw it, I wanted one right then, I'm happy with what GM did with the production design.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Just give me the door handles from the concept. This is why Tesla kills it. Every concept teases us with shaved doors and then the bean counters step in.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Are those my only two choices?

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Just give me the door handles from the concept. This is why Tesla kills it. Every concept teases us with shaved doors and then the bean counters step in.
Agree that the handles look better when they are flush, but I prefer the practicality of a simple, easily grasped handle. If the flush handles are much more aerodynamic, then I'd go for it, but if it's mostly cosmetic, then I'll go for what the Bolt has.

·
Registered
363 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Bolt EV / 2014 Spark EV / 2020 Tesla Model Y
135 Posts
I prefer the painted front bumper of the concept -- painted mine to look more like that.

I also prefer the C-pillar treatment of the concept over the "flying roof" effect that quite derivative these days.

Otherwise, the production car is solid.

Attachments

Reactions: shotel
1 - 17 of 17 Posts