Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Thanks for helping me confidently decide to go with a bolt. Now, I need a little more help. I want to get a level 2 charger and based on this forums and some others I've narrowed it down to 2. Please let me know what you guys think is best? Pro/cons etc.

JuiceBox Pro 40 with JuiceNet: WiFi-equipped 40 Amp UL Listed Electric Vehicle Charging Station (EVSE) with 24-foot cable and NEMA 14-50 plug or
AeroVironment EV Charger: Plug-In, 25' cable, 32A, 7.7kW

Thank you in advance as you guys have all been great.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt EV LT
271 Posts
This is a common discussion. JuiceBox Pro 40 often comes up but people often chose something else despite the JuiceBox being better value. Big reason for that before was lack of UL listing, but that's no longer an issue. Get the JuiceBox, it's way better value than the AeroVironment unit. I've got the previous of JB40Pro before the UL listing. Works great, never had a problem.

Reasons for JB: Cost / KW capacity, nice long cable from EVSE to car, portable (plug cable), excellent management and app.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
I’ve got the AeroVironment 32A unit currently, and had the 30A unit version previously. Both work just fine for the Bolt. Plain, simple, bullet-proof. The 30A unit was used for over 5 years on a daily basis and withstood rain, wind, and the hot sun with nary a problem.

The reason to get the JuiceBox Pro unit is if you want more data, portability, future-proofing with higher ampacity, and the ability to control things from the EVSE end of things as opposed to the Bolt. The available upgrades for the JuiceBox can make the total cost go up quite a bit. The adapter pack seems like a pretty good deal if you plan to travel often with the JuiceBox.

Reactions: masters

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Just curious, what is the included EVSE capable of delivering when connected to 240v?
12A. Or about 2.75 times slower. It’ll give a user 8 miles of range per hour instead of 4.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you. I was leaning towards the jb since I needed a longer cable where with AVE I would need the pay for the longer which would make the prices comparable

·
Registered
4 Posts
I went through the same analysis...got the JuiceBox and it has been bullet-proof. Installed mine outside (no garage) and couldn't be happier. I really like having the detailed information from the app...helps make tracking the monthly power use much more precise.

Todd

1 - 7 of 7 Posts