Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
The tax credit probably would get more people to buy the cars. I think it would be better if it was a discount at point of purchase rather than something you have to wait for tax time to see the return on though.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The tax credit probably would get more people to buy the cars. I think it would be better if it was a discount at point of purchase rather than something you have to wait for tax time to see the return on though.
thats also in the proposal...but if you think people accusing EVs of gaming subsidys was bad now, wait until its a POP discount and the total amount gets raised...

"what about equality, I'm being discriminated for my choice of fuel"

·
Registered
428 Posts
thats also in the proposal...but if you think people accusing EVs of gaming subsidys was bad now, wait until its a POP discount and the total amount gets raised...

"what about equality, I'm being discriminated for my choice of fuel"
But gas prices are subsidized by the government now anyway, so really giving people discounts on EVs would only be equalizing the cost of EVs compared to petrol cars.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But gas prices are subsidized by the government now anyway, so really giving people discounts on EVs would only be equalizing the cost of EVs compared to petrol cars.
Fuel production is integral to our Economy, EV's are not. Sorry, the oil companies are subsidised because I'd like to see you move 10 tonnes of tangerines from Florida to New York on wind power... or pave the highway there with asphalt solar energy created... ;)

BIG difference matey.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I understand what you are saying and you are right, but I also think I am right. Artificially changing the cost of gas makes it so that it is more likely to be sued when compared to other energy sources. Now gas may be less expensive than other energy sources even with no subsidies, but at least without subsidies it would discourage people and companies from using as much gas.

The other thing that I wanted to mention is that the subsidies themselves may be part of the reason why the economy relies so heavily on gasoline. It is a bit of a positive feedback loop or self fulfilling prophecy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts