Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I sent an email to Target Corporate so we will see how that goes.

My county only has 2 Targets. The one we shop at the most and the second I pass on the way to work and stop at for last min items for dinner.

I did a bit of research and there are ZERO public chargers in my county. No issue for me but trying to help correct that with my email!

·
Registered
345 Posts
I'm not personally convinced that the number of people that visit and travel just for a free charge is a significant number. I think those pulling into WM were going anyway. P7 mentioned that he goes out in search of free charging but I think that's the 1% club. I expect the gripper crowd to be the dominant in this scenario, they love anything free.
Anecdotal, to be sure, but I never go to WM, but I did go for the first time in years, to use the DCFC on my way to the south bay from Tahoe. It was just a bit off the freeway, and I wound up shopping there. Actually bought lunch makings. The parking lot was immense, and I doubt that there was any opportunity cost to WM for providing the space to chargepoint, and they probably collect a little rent from them.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Some Targets around here do have ChargePoint L2 (free for first two hours) and/or Tesla Superchargers.

But that might be regional, like the Walmart EVgo DC chargers apparently are.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Some Targets around here do have ChargePoint L2 (free for first two hours) and/or Tesla Superchargers.

But that might be regional, like the Walmart EVgo DC chargers apparently are.
The closest Target with a charger is one state down. Near the border. They charge for every electron there.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I sent an email to Target Corporate so we will see how that goes.

My county only has 2 Targets. The one we shop at the most and the second I pass on the way to work and stop at for last min items for dinner.

I did a bit of research and there are ZERO public chargers in my county. No issue for me but trying to help correct that with my email!
I have done the same - all it accomplished for me was a generic form letter from Target "we appreciate it and will look into it". Of course because I communicated with them via my email they now send me around 10 emails a week about sales for stuff I don't want or need. It seems like maybe if gas prices go up or the economy starts tanking they will finally listen enough to take action?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts