Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since reports of Bolt orders seem to be all over the place on this forum I figured combining it all into one thread is the best thing to do. So, Who ordered?; Which dealer? What color/trim/packages/options/etc.? How much was your deposit? How much did you pay out the door? When are you taking delivery? As you can see the list of questions goes on and on, include as many or as few details as you wish.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Stewart Chevrolet Cadillac in Colma, CA
$1000 Deposit
Expecting to pay MSRP which will be $43,905 before taxes/fees (out the door will be around $48K)
Premier in Kinetic Blue Metallic, DC Fast charging (CBT), Driver Confidence II Package (WPX), Infotainment Package (JSA)
Estimated delivery date is last week of December based on a Target Production Week of 11/28 (delivery is 3 to 4 weeks out from TPW).

Reactions: PeterT

·
Registered
33 Posts
Boardwalk Chevrolet in Redwood City
$1000 deposit
Expecting to pay MSRP
Premier in Cajun Red, Light Ash Gray/Ceramic White interior, DC Fast Charging, Driver Confidence II with Infotainment Pkg.
TPW 11/28 - delivery date unknown.

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
Keyes Chevy in Van Nuys
$500 refundable deposit
Fully loaded Arctic Blue Premier with fast charging
It was a dealer inventory order, but matched to my specs.
They said they have TPWs of 11/28 and 12/5.
No pricing settled, but will be Costco member pricing or better (I think that's why they did inventory orders......custom orders aren't eligible for Costco supplier pricing).
If I don't like their offer, they rip up my deposit check.
Gonna have it shipped to MD.

·
Registered
333 Posts
White LT with both convenience & confidence pkgs and fast charge.

Sierra Chevrolet in Monrovia (SoCal)

The guy stated that they won't add a mark-up to the price, so I assume that means MSRP.

Deposit was $500 and is refundable.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I want to order one but GM will not make them in RHD, GM is missing out on a huge opportunity which Nissan, BMW, VW and Tesla will take advantage of as they make their EV's for both RHD and LHD markets.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
RHD is not really 'a huge market' - the only '1st world' places I can think of with left-hand traffic and a population of at least 10 million are : the British isles (incl Eire), Japan, and Australia. I don't see GM selling many Bolts in India or Pakistan until they are assembled cheaply somewhere in Asia, so the rest of RHD countries can wait until then.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Fremont Chevrolet
MSRP $500 deposit
Silver metallic Premier with all options except fast charge (couldn't see spending $750 on something that won't be needed as the Bolt will not be used on road trips; have a second car that is much more suitable for that purpose).
Chevy Chat gave me a code that says car is scheduled to be produced the week of Nov. 28. Keeping my fingers crossed for a Dec. delivery.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
If Tesla can make their cars both RHD and LHD why can't GM do it with the BOLT.
They CAN, but why should they? It's a very limited market. I'm sure that they will have problems meeting demand for just LHD vehicles. The largest (1st world) RHD market would be Japan, and no car without CHAdeMO would be very successful there. No problem leaving the entire RHD market (for now) to the Japanese manufacturers - they HAVE to build RHD anyways.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Let's get some more Bolt order updates! Either post here or at GM-Volt.com!
http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?262065-Bolt-order-tracking!
Great share, glad to see the other forum has something going as well and on that note about them, here's a nugget for anyone wanting real time information on the status of the Bolt they ordered:

Chevrolet Live Chat gave me a status in about a minute, using my order number.

Status is 3000. I don't know what it means, but no doubt it's better than 2000!
make use of all the tools available to you.

And to make sense of that code above and others that will be seen here:
"PS> Production codes
GM Production Codes
1000 Order On Hold at Dealership
1100 Order Placed at Dealership
1101 Order Entered into System
1102 Order Entered via Web
2000 Order Accepted by GM
2001 Order Generated to Dealer
2005 Order Replaced with GM Prospec Order
2030 Order Edited by GM
2500 Order Prefrenced, Sent to Production
3000 Order Accepted by Production Control
3100 Order Available to Sequence
3300 Order Selected, Scheduled for Production by Assembly Plant *
3400 Order Broadcasted for Production, loaded on assembly plant computers
3800 Vehicle Produced, VIN is available
4000 Vehicle Available to Ship
4104 Bailment Invoice Created
4106 Bailment Released
4150 Vehicle Invoiced
4200 Vehicle Shipped
4300 Intermediate Delivery
4V03 Estimated Delivery Date
4B00 Bayed, vehicle is waiting on transportation or pulled for quality control
4800 Rail Ramp Unload, vehicle at RR destination to await truck transport to dealer
5000 Vehicle Delivered to Dealer
6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer
9000 Order Cancelled
* Target Production Week (TPW) is usually available by status code 3300. "
thanks bro ;)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Is anyone trying to order or reserve a Bolt for leasing? I'm retired and can't get the full tax credit if I buy, so I'll be leasing again. With the announcement that the 2017 Leaf will be unchanged, my priority is now a Bolt Premiere, because I really need the surround vision, and they won't be offering it on the LT.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Me too

Also retired and the tax credit will do me no good. My wife and I live modestly and our combined RMD (required minimum distribution) and luckly, good health means we don't itemize our taxes.
I too will be leasing my Bolt. Luckly I'm in no hurry and want to see the real thing before I spend my money.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ordered a fully-optioned LT last week from Courtesy Chevrolet in Escondido, CA. MSRP. Order accepted by GM but do not yet have a production week. Salesperson told me they had 23 allocations and I was number 20. He did not know when their next allocation would be but if he is to be believed, Courtesy got the largest allocation in the San Diego metro area.

Very glad I got my order in before Motortrend named the Bolt the 2017 Car of the Year. I suspect that that will generate a bit more interest. For instance a fellow I do not know and I engaged in a casual conversation today at the gym and he knew all about it.

Given all the great press I have no fears that GM won't be able to sell 30,000 of MY2017.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ordered a Nightfall grey Premier, fast charging, both option packages. Costco program ("$600 under invoice) through the closest dealer honoring Costco pricing. Build date of 12/12. Plan on leasing so anxious to see how it plays out...should be favorable thanks to the residual and tax credit.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ordered a Nightfall grey Premier, fast charging, both option packages. Costco program ("$600 under invoice) through the closest dealer honoring Costco pricing. Build date of 12/12. Plan on leasing so anxious to see how it plays out...should be favorable thanks to the residual and tax credit.
Dang. I should've tried Costco too. The last time I tried to buy a vehicle from them was a 2014 WRX and Costco's price was 2k over what I paid just by negotiating, so I didn't even think about going there this time with this vehicle. Well done indeed! I called around and no one in San Diego was budging from MSRP, though to be frank I was more concerned with getting in the queue now than in getting a good deal.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ordered a fully loaded Sunburst Orange November 1st at Hedrick's Chevrolet in Clovis, CA.
No deposit made yet, to be built the week of 11-28-16. I will try to get small discount off retail, or make them throw in 240 volt charger free.

Today, November 15th, Got call that they had a Sunburst Orange Cruze came in, went and looked at it.

Loved it! It actually is more of a Gold color in sunlight than orange.

Jerry,
2011 Red Volt, keeping for long road trips.

1 - 20 of 152 Posts