Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
181 - 200 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
We have a 2020 bolt here in frigid WI. Love it, and I found the most dangerous portion of the car is when you leave the rear hatch open and approach from the side the taillight catches you in the forehead ;-). Still charge to 100%. Drove a 2012 leaf for 7.5 years with zero maintenance except tires and wipers. Have plans to drive this cars till the wheels fall off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m curious as to who still wants their bolt after having to deal with this battery issue. I leased my first EV in June of last year. I went with the Bolt EUV as my husband and I have had a 2017 and 2020 Silverado that we really enjoyed so it seamed the be a no brainer to go with the Bolt EUV. As of now the vehicles range is about 60% of its potential due to the 90% charge limit and not being able to go under 70 miles of range. This all being said, I’ve attempted multiple times to contact someone with any answers and have been unsuccessful. This is where I’m looking for help. Does anyone have any contact info for Mary Barra?
Did you read my post at all? I have attempted for 2 months now to get a simple answer as to when the car would be fixed. If you don’t want to give info, that’s fine. I don’t know why you even posted a comment.
Take the replies with a grain of salt. Some of members of this forum seem to be early adopters, highly intelligent, but not particularly helpful or patient for those of us with lesser accumen. And some are just rude. Still, it’s worth reading their information and knitting together all the acronyms and electrical jargon to learn more about an EV. The response from the admin, specifically, was very informational without being too condescending. I share your concerns about lack of information from GM.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m curious as to who still wants their bolt after having to deal with this battery issue. I leased my first EV in June of last year. I went with the Bolt EUV as my husband and I have had a 2017 and 2020 Silverado that we really enjoyed so it seamed the be a no brainer to go with the Bolt EUV. As of now the vehicles range is about 60% of its potential due to the 90% charge limit and not being able to go under 70 miles of range. This all being said, I’ve attempted multiple times to contact someone with any answers and have been unsuccessful. This is where I’m looking for help. Does anyone have any contact info for Mary Barra
I’m curious as to who still wants their bolt after having to deal with this battery issue. I leased my first EV in June of last year. I went with the Bolt EUV as my husband and I have had a 2017 and 2020 Silverado that we really enjoyed so it seamed the be a no brainer to go with the Bolt EUV. As of now the vehicles range is about 60% of its potential due to the 90% charge limit and not being able to go under 70 miles of range. This all being said, I’ve attempted multiple times to contact someone with any answers and have been unsuccessful. This is where I’m looking for help. Does anyone have any contact info for Mary Barra?
We leased our 2021 EV knowing full well it was to be used as a commuter car.. I use the car to go to the golf course and the store...(retired) we also have a2021 Honda CRV...that is our travel car. .the Bolt works just fine for our needs...yes, this battery stuff is frustrating...new technologies bring a long list of challenges. .I'm sure, it time, Chevy will work things out.. I guess I'm in the minority, because I really enjoy the Bolt.. even with the restrictions..

·
Registered
60 Posts
I love my Bolt. I've got an appointment to take it to the dealer in a few days. Most of the forum replies I read are from others who still love their Bolt. We have confidence that GM will find a fix and we'll be back to the range we need (or maybe even some extra).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Write Valerie at [email protected]. If you tell her how unhappy you are and want to consider a repurchase, she’ll try to get you a new unflawed battery. She’s super helpful. I was put in front of line for a new battery. Writing the president is a waste of time as your email wont get within a half mile of her.
I love my Bolt and with a new battery GM basically rolled my odometer back to zero. I was made better than whole. Couldn’t be happier though it take a few months of trying to get somewhere before I finally found my way to Valerie in their system. She is can do and outstanding

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pardon my ignorance, but what does this mean: “and not being able to go under 70 miles of range”? Does this mean we should not drive it with 70 miles or less of range left? If so, why?

·
Super Moderator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
700 Posts
Pardon my ignorance, but what does this mean: “and not being able to go under 70 miles of range”? Does this mean we should not drive it with 70 miles or less of range left? If so, why?
That was part of the early recommendation from GM. To not charge above 90%, and not go below 70 miles of range if possible. It wasn't a hard limit, just to try not to go that low. The problem is that 70 miles could be a vast difference in actual battery state of charge, so instead of saying "don't go below 30%" they gave it in miles, which is a conservative level. With the software update, the lower limit is removed, as is the recommendation to not charge nor park indoors. It also comes with a hard limit of 80%, which is what some users find unacceptable.

·
Registered
47 Posts
We still want our 2019 Bolt, which has functioned perfectly since the day we brought it home. I took the charge restrictions with a grain of salt, as my car is always outside -- then got the brand new battery about 2 months ago. Back to 100% charging, never have had a problem with the car. My only annoyance was that the dealer kept the car overnight and then tried to sell me a front end alignment and, believe it or not, a brake fluid flush. The car has 15,500 miles on it, and I told them NO and **** NO to both items. Service writer complained that GM pays the dealer very little on the battery swaps, so they need to find ways to make a profit -- any forum members know anything about this?

Basically I think, although it took the corporation a couple of tries, GM is getting it right by accepting responsibility to save the Bolt name by replacing ALL traction power batteries. I've also read that LG has agreed to a very large payment back to GM, can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Impatience is not a virtue. Mary Barra is not the answer.
We love our 2020 Bolt. It does everything we need to do. It remains the best buy for the projected mileage.
The GM Concierge line has been very helpful. They actually called the dealership where we purchased the car after the dealership told me the car didn't qualify for the update. However, the dealership then gave me an appointment at a different dealership location without telling me. When I did go to the dealership at the appointed time, no one was masked at the service desk, I'm 71, and the only service tech who could perform the work had called in sick. The Concierge line has since called me to see what they can do to get the update installed. I'm simply going to go to another dealership for the update when Covid risks are lessened. GM will get this fixed.
You might heed the advice of another reply to your post: "As for me, I'm going to be patient and keep my eye on the light at the end of the tunnel."

·
Registered
2 Posts
We love our bolt and almost fight over who gets to use it. This Monday our 2017 got the new battery with the greater range. Did it all in one day. Our dealer is doing a great job and we are very pleased and look forward to future electric cars from General Motors. Chuck

·
Registered
128 Posts
[email protected]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used this address to send an Email yesterday and today I got a phone call from GM. They called when I was driving my HHR that does not have hands free so I let it go to voicemail.
Here is what it said in the message they left me. Slightly edited because the apple transcripion is a little wonky.

“Hi Mr. Tiller this is Lori with General Motors executive resolution team I'm sorry I attempted to contact you earlier but apparently my phone is having issues you cannot hear me um I just wanted to let you know I received your correspondence today regarding your 2017 both EV and I did immediately reach out to the district manager of champion Chevrolet to advise them you know of the protocol that is a place regarding the software update and they can do the software update even though your vin will still show in complete remedy not available because it will continue to show that until your battery ultimately is replaced. But in regards to software update the dealership has a bulletin from us that they would have to refer to which I immediately referenced in my correspondence and I also advise them if they can have a service manager contact you and set up an appointment when you're available to do the software update or to let me know and then I can convey that she was well am I a.m. waiting to hear back from them regarding the other correspondence you had sent in and miscommunication and what we can do to get this resolved for you. Eventually I will attempt to contact you back should I hear anything today or if they do call tomorrow or Monday, you should hear something by then thank you Mr. Tiller have a wonderful day goodbye…”

I had called GM using their phone contact system earlier that day and they had told me there was nothing they could do to help
Me. That is why I emailed Ms Barra . So they do answer and hopefully this will get them moving.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT, 2021 Kona EV SEL
716 Posts
I'm so confused, should I be e-mail Mary Lou as well? I feel like she's probably busy now.

·
Registered
Chevrolet Bolt 2018
21 Posts
I"m happy with my Bolt. I will be happy when the replacement is completed, but the Bolt has been fun. I foresee a time in the not too distant future when I will see all of the new features on all of the new EV's and want to switch, but the Bolt has been a great car. Hasn't conflagrated even once.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I'm very happy with my 2022 Bolt EV.
A new battery will be available eventually and if everything goes well I will continue to enjoy driving it.

181 - 200 of 212 Posts