Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I live in a remote area and have to use a WiFi hot spot for my home internet. It's frustrating at best with many drop outs and disconnections. I was wondering if I could try and connect my desktop computer to the WiFi on the car? I tried looking for it but I suppose the range of the Bolt WiFi is limited to perhaps being inside the car or right next to it. Does anyone know if this WiFi signal can be boosted so I can connect from further away?
DAVE

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
All WiFi signals can be boosted (if you know the passwords).

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
If your Bolt not able to connect to your Wifi from the garage? Where is it parked exactly when you're trying to connect?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
If your Bolt not able to connect to your Wifi from the garage? Where is it parked exactly when you're trying to connect?
I get the impression he wants the opposite - use his Bolt's WiFi as his home internet ('hot-spot') because his WiFi in the house sucks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello,
I live in a remote area and have to use a WiFi hot spot for my home internet. It's frustrating at best with many drop outs and disconnections. I was wondering if I could try and connect my desktop computer to the WiFi on the car? I tried looking for it but I suppose the range of the Bolt WiFi is limited to perhaps being inside the car or right next to it. Does anyone know if this WiFi signal can be boosted so I can connect from further away?
DAVE
I have done this successfully using a Chevy Malibu's hotspot and don't know of a reason why it wouldn't work with a Bolt. I had to leave the car on in accessory mode during the hotspot session and used Netgear and Asus range extenders and both worked. We have a couple of LTE towers near where we live so speed was always in the 10-12 MBPS (down) range.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts