Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found a weird problem on my Bolt. I have the climate system in manual. Heat/AC is off. Temp is LOW (lowest temp), and fan is set to 1 bar. Just outside air essentially.

I turned on the windshield defroster last night. The light came on and it switched the vents to blow out the defroster as expected. However, I couldn't turn off the defroster. Pressing the button didn't do anything - the light stayed on and the air kept blowing at the windshield.

Typically, in my previous cars, pressing it again turns it off and puts the airflow back to the vents. Turning the climate system off didn't work either. When I turned it back on, the defrost light came back on.

The only way I could get it off defrost was to press "AUTO" and let the climate system go into automatic mode. Then turn everything back off and set it back to manual outside air again.

Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I finally figured it out. When I bought the car I never had Auto turned on. So nothing was lit up. Apparently you need to select one of the vent options (either head or feet). Then you can select defrost, and then turn it back off. Because I had nothing selected, it wouldn't shut off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts