Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed lately that the defogger on my Bolt is pretty horrible. On my other Honda's, when the windshield gets fogged up, I just turn on the Max Defog button and it blasts AC on MAX towards the windshield. It normally takes a few seconds and then the fog is gone.

On the Bolt, I press the Max Defog button and it seems like its blasting full blast, but maybe only the bottom inch or two gets defogged. I would then turn the temp to Lo and max out the fan speed and make sure the Heat + AC button is pressed. Still doesnt do much. I have to keep using the windshield wiper to at least clear the fog for a second or two.

Has anyone else experienced this? Its getting very annoying and borderline dangerous when I can see out the windshield!

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Turn the heat up, first. Turning it to low won't help much. Yes, it will spike the kW consumed temporarily. As soon as it is cleared, you can turn it back down.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
On the Bolt, I press the Max Defog button and it seems like its blasting full blast, but maybe only the bottom inch or two gets defogged. I would then turn the temp to Lo and max out the fan speed and make sure the Heat + AC button is pressed. Still doesnt do much. I have to keep using the windshield wiper to at least clear the fog for a second or two.
I replied to this question on the other forum and I still don't understand your mention of the windshield wiper. The wipers clear the outside of the window - what does that have to do with the fog on the inside of the window?

·
Registered
5,429 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It seems the issue is the condensation on the outside of the windshield. Upping the heat really high seemed to do the trick this morning. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
It seems the issue is the condensation on the outside of the windshield. Upping the heat really high seemed to do the trick this morning. Thanks!
Wow, you must live on the humid Gulf Coast! I remember the first time I visited Florida and condensation formed on the outside of the windows of my air conditioned shuttle bus - the whole bus was acting like a giant chilled glass of water. Coming from the rainy Canadian Wet Coast where we always have to wipe the condensation off the inside of our bus windows, it was a big surprise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts