Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier w/ Sun n Sound
330 Posts
Woh man! to be honest this text is hard for me to understand.
My driver blade when at home position, is on top of the passenger blade when at home position. so when activated the driver's blade goes first towards the left and brings half of the windshield's liquid with it and all the way to the left and bottom left of the windshield. hope it makes sense

maybe I should find a way to film the thing in action
It makes sense but what doesn't make sense is why that much fluid is ending up in the bottom left.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT - Kinetic Blue
206 Posts
It makes sense but what doesn't make sense is why that much fluid is ending up in the bottom left.
Easy, the glass isn’t really clean and the RainX fluid is leaving deposits that make it easier to build up more contaminants. You all are way over thinking the problem with the windshield wiper movement and positioning.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Easy, the glass isn’t really clean and the RainX fluid is leaving deposits that make it easier to build up more contaminants. You all are way over thinking the problem with the windshield wiper movement and positioning.
While I'm not discounting your suggestion, I've never personally performed the procedure that you described and don't have the issue on this car. Similar issues in the past on other vehicles were fixed by arm alignment, blade alignment etc. Doesn't sound like anyone else on the forum has that issue either so I was just trying to suggest what might be unique in this instance.
If cleaning it does the trick then that would be awesome...the only issue is that it will take about 30 seconds for it to become splattered with slush, salt and sand again but maybe I don't fully understand the benefits of what you describe.

·
Registered
206 Posts
While I'm not discounting your suggestion, I've never personally performed the procedure that you described and don't have the issue on this car. Similar issues in the past on other vehicles were fixed by arm alignment, blade alignment etc. Doesn't sound like anyone else on the forum has that issue either so I was just trying to suggest what might be unique in this instance.
If cleaning it does the trick then that would be awesome...the only issue is that it will take about 30 seconds for it to become splattered with slush, salt and sand again but maybe I don't fully understand the benefits of what you describe.
The build up of contamination is a factor of use, storage, driving habits, cleaning regiment, washer fluid selection, environmental conditions and a bunch of other factors I'm not listing. I think the use of the RainX fluid is probably the biggest factor, personally. I very highly doubt any minor differences in wiper use and installation is leading to this (Occum's razor in this case). In an case a deep clean and application of a hydrophobic coating with likely greatly reduce any type of contaminants from sticking going forward.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
The build up of contamination is a factor of use, storage, driving habits, cleaning regiment, washer fluid selection, environmental conditions and a bunch of other factors I'm not listing. I think the use of the RainX fluid is probably the biggest factor, personally. I very highly doubt any minor differences in wiper use and installation is leading to this (Occum's razor in this case). In an case a deep clean and application of a hydrophobic coating with likely greatly reduce any type of contaminants from sticking going forward.
Do you think If I replace the RainX fluid for the regular stuff I will see less deposits or residue?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I think that is highly likely.
Ok now I need to dump the full tank and put the cheap stuff in. I never used RainX stuff in my others cars. This time I tried it because it is the good stuff right?
This summer I will clean the windshield from contamination your way (bookmarked it) but I have a question first. Does your way leave some white film when wiping with the wipers like these products you buy then apply on the windshield to make the water purle?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Ok now I need to dump the full tank and put the cheap stuff in. I never used RainX stuff in my others cars. This time I tried it because it is the good stuff right?
This summer I will clean the windshield from contamination your way (bookmarked it) but I have a question first. Does your way leave some white film when wiping with the wipers like these products you buy then apply on the windshield to make the water purle?
No film. Good ceramic coatings will all be perfectly crystal clear. This is what it looks like (uncoated on the left, coated on the right). The water beads into tiny droplets and rushes off the windshield. The first month or so I didn't even need to turn on the wipers at all even in fairly heavy rain because it would immediately fly off on its own.

Hood Automotive lighting Window Automotive mirror Automotive design

I would recommend doing at least Steps 1 through 3 immediately, as that will at least get clean for the time being even if you don't do the whole polish and coat until summer.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Do you think If I replace the RainX fluid for the regular stuff I will see less deposits or residue?
Interesting about the RainX...I missed that detail and have never used it. Just the coldest rating I can find while keeping price reasonable.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
No film. Good ceramic coatings will all be perfectly crystal clear. This is what it looks like (uncoated on the left, coated on the right). The water beads into tiny droplets and rushes off the windshield. The first month or so I didn't even need to turn on the wipers at all even in fairly heavy rain because it would immediately fly off on its own.
I understand all this and I will do the recommendations but like BobBolt says, it is still weird that I seem to be the only one in this forum at least to which this is happening

21 - 32 of 32 Posts