Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In direct sunlight I see a million faceted speckles across my windshield. My windshield looks like a shiny diamond!

I'm female, 5'4". Is it the angle of the windshield?

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing? It's very distracting and hard to believe this is how all Bolts are.

I took it two Chevy dealerships in Portland, OR and they both said "oh it's just the safety glass..." Then I took it to a windshield repair place and they said it was "sandblasted".

If you have a similar experience please let me know. Otherwise I will see if Chevy will replace my windshield.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Perhaps the windshields are not as hard as the other brands because my windshield was also damaged when it was in for service. Looks like when they wiped the windshield down they must have scratched it with a dirty rag, in any case the dealer said that the scratches were too deep to buff out, so they are replacing it.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
In direct sunlight at just the right angle, I can see two 3-inch circular spots where I presume suction cups held the shield during installation, and 1-inch numbers just below the mirror mount. They disappear as the sun rises (earth turns) another few degrees. I am going to give it a steel wool and Invisible Glass treatment and see if it clears it up.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Did you try cleaning the inside of the windshield? I did and it seemed to reduce the glistening effect. However, I don't have any good sunlight to really test it. I wasn't sure I could get satisfaction from the dealer since I should've caught this issue before I accepted the Bolt and drove it off the dealer lot.

I did notice if I wipe my greasy fingers over these sparkling areas, they go away. I think the grease from my fingers filled in the tiny scratches.

Reactions: surgeonFWW
1 - 4 of 4 Posts