Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not too much to write on this but thought it was worth posting. The Chevy Bolt was included in WIRED's "The Most Important Cars of 2015" article. It was joined by the Tesla Model X, Porsche Mission E, BMW 7-Series, Audi Q7, Toyota Prius, Chevy Volt, Mazda MX-5 Miata, Hyundai Genesis G90, Volvo XC90, VW Jetta TDI (?), and Google's autonomous car prototype.

Here's what they wrote about the Bolt.

At the Detroit auto show in January, General Motors CEO Mary Barra introduced the Chevrolet Bolt concept. It's a handsome little thing, but the looks don't really matter here: Barra said the all-electric car will go 200 miles on a charge and cost just $30,000. In other words, it will be the first long-range EV that's affordable for the masses. Expect to see the production version next month.
http://www.wired.com/2015/12/the-most-important-cars-of-2015/#slide-1

·
Registered
263 Posts
It's going to be down to the final specs when the production Bolt is revealed. Chevy never really confirmed exactly how far it can travel on one charge. It was suggested to have a 200 mile range but we'll have to see.

The Tesla Model X is nicely designed but not many people can afford it at that price point.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Some manufacturers remove a lot of the body to lighten the weight of their cars for lower fuel consumption, etc. Gaming the system in a way so I really want some sort of confirmation first by regular drivers and reviewers on the mileage.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I expect it to get a 200 mile range since that's what has been promised, and real world mpg tests that focus on the Volt have reviewers predicting a range that is greater than what GM has it rated at. I'm not worried. Especially with recent cheating in EPA testing, automakers have a lot of incentive to have accurate testing for their vehicles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts