Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Samsung Galaxy S6, and ever since I got my Bolt the wireless charger slot has been flaky. It would charge the phone for a while then stop charging, as indicated by the charging icon going away on the center console screen. It usually took a few tries before it would stay charging. Lately the charger almost never works beyond a few minutes. Is this normal behavior?

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
I have a Samsung Galaxy S6, and ever since I got my Bolt the wireless charger slot has been flaky. It would charge the phone for a while then stop charging, as indicated by the charging icon going away on the center console screen. It usually took a few tries before it would stay charging. Lately the charger almost never works beyond a few minutes. Is this normal behavior?
I've wondered if the icon is the one that's flaky. Sometimes I just pull the phone and push back in till the icon reappears. But, I'm pretty sure the phone has charged a few times and the icon never showed up.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have an iPhone X and a Bolt EV Premier. I have a very thin iPhone case thin enough to fit the phone with it in the car phone slot.
However, the wireless charger does not work. I tried removing the cover as well as turning the phone upside down, over etc. I have not found a way to figure it out yet...

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
I have an iPhone X and a Bolt EV Premier. I have a very thin iPhone case thin enough to fit the phone with it in the car phone slot.
However, the wireless charger does not work. I tried removing the cover as well as turning the phone upside down, over etc. I have not found a way to figure it out yet...
Unfortunately the 2017 model year's wireless charger isn't compatible with the iPhones. It isn't anything you're doing. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Unfortunately the 2017 model year's wireless charger isn't compatible with the iPhones. It isn't anything you're doing. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Ah! Thank you. Nah that’s fine. I’d rather know it for good, than wonder if I was doing anything wrong. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts