Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the 2022 BOLT priced at $30 - 35k US$$$

2021 - $39k
2021 Chevrolet Bolt EV Review, Pricing, and Specs

2022 - $33k
2022 Chevrolet Bolt EV: What We Know So Far

that’s a solid price drip & I must say the car looks more digestible now.

What does that mean for unsold new bolts from 2020 & 2021 ?

Does that mean that 2017-18 models will drop to $15-20k ?

We all want model 3 TESLAs, but a used bolt for $18k will truly change EV footprint to 10% of cars actually on the road. I’m talking about recent college grads & single moms who are also considering a new KIA/hyundia or used honda civic SI.

In case no 1 noticed, that ½ bitcoin as of 11/2021 ;-)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Time will tell. The price drop on the 2022 Bolt should help lower used Bolt prices but the recall should increase used Bolt prices. Who wouldn't want a used EV with a brand new battery complete with 8 year / 100K mile warranty?

·
Registered
3,412 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
I'd assume price going up on everything, especially anything that has a tax credit on it. The only reason GM was giving away Bolts is they had to in order to sell big SUV's. Fine with me.

·
Registered
318 Posts
in response to the OP from what I can tell all the 2020s have been sold and not a lot of 2021s left before the stop sale order. Obviously with the recall in progress it's just a matter of time before it's back to normal. I expect by the time a Model 3 could arrive Bolt recalls will be complete or very close to and production will have resumed. Past history says that when a price drop occurs the previous models will be price accordingly. i.e. the 2021s will not be priced higher than the 2022s. Prior to stop order the 2022s were priced higher in real sales price because they were the refreshed model that looked different. If you wanted the new look you had to pay more etc.

As for the rational behavior of folks buying a used Bolt instead of a used Civic - well there is one BIG complication. Consumers are not rational. Amazing how far folks with drive to save a few cents a gallon on gas. When I bought my 2020 Bolt Premier in January for $21,322 OTD, it was an effective price of $24,800 OTD for those without a GM card with $3,500 in earnings. If consumers were rational they would have been snatched up. But they weren't, yes smart knowledgable buyers bought them but not that many. I'm still amazed at how many folks bought "cheap transportation" but spent more than I did for a vehicle that cost more to drive and needs more maintenance.

Model 3 is nice and much better for a trip than a Bolt but for now I'd rather have a Bolt plus an ICE for trips.

·
Registered
51 Posts

2021 - $39k

2022 - $33k

We all want model 3 TESLAs, but a used bolt for $18k will truly change EV footprint to 10% of cars actually on the road. I’m talking about recent college grads & single moms who are also considering a new KIA/hyundia or used honda civic SI.

The figures below are right off the Monroney from my 2022 Bolt EV 2LT.
Base standard vehicle price...$34,200.00
Options & Pricing. Cherry Red Tintcoat...494.00
Total Options...$495.00
Total vehicle & options $34,695.00
Destination Charge... 995.00
Total vehicle price...$35,690.00

With TT and fees it was a shade under $38,000.00 and I received the Costco $1000.00 discount bringing it down to a shade under $37,000.00

MSRP was all that was ever discussed and no discounts were offered by GM or the dealer.

Not complaining as I wanted the Bolt and expected MSRP would be the going rate for early delivery. I got mine June 4, 2021 and the VIN ends 601 or the six hundred first off the assembly line for the 2022 model. No problem and enjoy the He** out of driving the little (and I do mean little) Red Rocket.

Scott

·
Registered
2 Posts
It is also important to factor in reduced new and used car supply that is driving up car prices. Used car prices are up almost 40% year over year and new car prices are as well. The chip shortage will continue into next year so we shouldn't expect new car inventories and sales to get back to normal next year. As long as car inventories remain low prices will stay high.

I paid $24,000 OTD for a used 2017 Bolt Premier with 32,000 miles last week. I could have had a new Bolt for that price two years ago. Other 2-3 year old vehicles I looked at were selling for almost original MSRP.

·
Registered
3 Posts

2021 - $39k

2022 - $33k

The other big factor that may effect future prices is the BBB bill in Congress. If passed as is, it might produce rebates of up to $12,000 for Chevy Bolts.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT Cayenne Orange Metallic
246 Posts
And $12,000 dealer "market adjustments". :ROFLMAO:
That's pretty much it.

We purchased a 2018 Volt in late 2017, and received the full $7500 tax credit. Including that, and the negotiated discount, we paid about $13k under the ~$40k MSRP.

After the Volt was totaled in April, we bought our 2021 Bolt. With no tax credits, just dealer and GM discounts, we paid $15k under the ~$40k MSRP.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i’m talking about 3-5 years from now.
The current chip/car shortage is completely crazy.
Carson Kia tried to charge me $55k for a KIA NIRO EV; I laughed all the way home.

I’m with roadtrip biker.
I’m gonna keep my 2 RAV4s for road trips & hauling. The BOLT is gonna handle daily duties: school/work/store. At $15-20k for a used one, the BOLT is a no-brainer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts