Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put a dishwasher in their Bolt, either in its cardboard box or out of the box? I'm wondering if it would fit.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I don't know the answer, but a a dishwasher, assuming you are in the US, a dishwasher should be 30in wide and about 35 tall, without the box.
I'm guessing it would fit with the back seat folded down, but I'd measure it carefully before committing.

I go a 55" TV (in the box) in mine, somewhat to my surprise.

Maybe we should start a thread on odd/largest things carried in Bolts.

Ron

·
Registered
770 Posts
My built-in dishwasher is 25" wide x 22" deep unboxed.

You have 25" height and 28" width of space to 'comfortably' access in the Bolt rear entry.

So yes.

I also routinely transport a 3/4 Size stand-up Bass and a passenger without issue.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Put a five drawer dresser in mine once. I have a dishwasher sitting out in the shop, but too lazy to go put it in the Bolt for you. Eyeballing it, it looks like it would fit laying on its side. That's without the box of course.

Okay, took a measuring tape and it's 35" high by 24" wide by 26" in depth (controls stick out on top of door). Looks like it would fit laying on its side or even on its back.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Eight foot board lumber!
Ditto on the 8-foot boards. I had a decent size stack of them so I let them protrude out the rear of the Bolt and used bungee cords to hold the tailgate down.

2x 55 gallon drum
A full 55-gallon drum weighs roughly 450 pounds -- presumably you were hauling empty drums...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I remember when I decided to give my sister my old dishwasher, I tried to put it in a box to put it in a beautiful and festive way. The problem was that we couldn't find the box from under this dishwasher. We first decided to just look for boxes, but not one of them fit. Then we decide to go to this shop ianboer.com.au , here we were buying a dishwasher. And we turned to them with a rather strange request, but to my surprise they were able to give us an empty box. Well, in the end, we were able to give a dishwasher in a beautiful package.

·
Registered
2018 Bolt EV Premier Nightfall Gray
374 Posts
My dishwasher fits just fine in the Bolt, but I think she'd object to being put in a cardboard box... ;)
I can't imagine your wife would appreciate being called your dishwasher, OR being put in a cardboard box.

·
Registered
2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV Premier w/ driver confidence 2 and infotainment packages in Silver Mist
124 Posts
I think I would prefer a refrigerator and just eat at restaurants so there won’t be any dishes to wash 🙄

·
Registered
196 Posts
I wonder if an outboard motor would fit inside a Bolt? Or a Raptor SpaceX engine? A Slushie machine?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts