Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
161 - 173 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just bought a 2022 bolt euv premiere in April and it has the NEW battery. I live in Michigan also. Northeast lower peninsula. But I grew up in Orion a couple miles from the Orion plant. My dad worked and retired from pontiac motors. When I was growing up there was no Orion plant or palace of auburn hills and I was there before the pontiac silver dome. Lol
This is me and my wife's first battery car. I've never driven anything else in battery. I was amazed. I just can't believe how this bolt is just so much fun to drive.
I have had solar for awhile and all that excess energy going back to the grid and only getting half price back made me start considering a battery vehicle. Then gas went up and I got even more motivated. But it's funny that this car is way more awesome.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
482 Posts
In retrospect, I found that my battery replacement trauma was dealer related (Evergreen Chevrolet in Issaquah Wa) They suk. I worked with my Bolt concierge, at Chevy (Bob at Evergreen wouldn't even respond to HER calls and emails, and she was going to report them to Chev regional), she got me moved over to Chevrolet of Bellevue, I talked to Ed and Patrick, and it was smooth sailing - One day in and out, bada bing, bada boom, easy peasy. I just camped out in the waiting area, although they had reserved a loaner for me in case I wanted it. -- 2017 Bolt EV - I suggest working with your concierge, and if your dealer gives you grief, or is non responsive, well.... slip out the back, Jack! Make a new plan Stan! Chev. continues to earn the loyalty and trust of this ol' Chevy gal (Detroit born and bred).
Yes, The dealer you work with IS the key to ZEN. I too have a sucky dealer but still against all odds I might get the car I ordered if nothing else goes wrong. I battled with a guy at my dealer to TRY to tag a Nov Bolt and wasted my time there and even called another dealer in town to see if they would try, never got an answer. Gave up on the Nov lot and stuck it out for my 6mo old order and it made it to the dealer and now waiting on GM's paperwork to go through to finish the deal.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The ones built after they restarted the line last month, yes they all have "good" batteries. Of course, my EUV has a Michigan built battery, but it's from last year and it still under recall. Only the ones built after the recall last August 20 have the replacement style battery and are cleared for sale.
I see, so you will be getting your battery replaced on the EUV? I wonder what the VINs start with of the cars that have good batteries...built as you say from April 2022 forward.

·
Registered
197 Posts
2022 Bolt EUV styling is similar to all the other new Chevys and is much more appealing. I got the car 2 weeks ago and it was built in April 2022. I can state that the ride comfort is smoother and handles the potholes much better and feel this is due to it being heavier and longer. Maybe Chevy also tuned the suspension to a softer ride. I now only charge to 80% as most of my driving is local but I did charge one time to 100% as I had a longer trip and did not want to go to low. Got the leather seats which includes all the upgrade packages for safety. The seats are nicer and ventilated. Overall the new model is a great improvement. Maybe so day they will upgrade to Ultium battery system.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Why do you prefer the Bolt to the Tesla?
I’ll start by saying that my Model S is still an absolutely beautiful car. I ordered it at Halloween and had it at Christmas in 2017. I’ll continue by saying that Tesla makes a perfectly mediocre car. Sure, it is fast and I have the ”fool self driving” , er, I mean full self driving package.

The only thing that really stands out about the car is that I have free supercharging for life (of the car). I trust SuperCruise more than AutoPilot (launch edition has it). I’m on a road trip right now and it is nice to not pay.

Even though I own Tesla stock, I don’t trust Tesla, or Musk. Like many other stocks, the company and stock are actually disconnected, but I do like money, so……

Perhaps it is a positive GM bias I have, three of our four cars are Chevys. My corvette is waaaaaaaaaay more fun to drive, the Equinox holds the same cargo amount as the Model S and the Bolt EUV is easier to park (that surround camera rocks). I just don’t trust Tesla to do the right thing. Chevy is doing the right thing with the recalls. I know it is taking time, but they are doing the right thing by all of us.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
I'm close to putting a deposit down on a 2022 Bolt 2LT but waiting to hear if the dealer will remove the $950 oil change package they attach to all their vehicles. Obviously will never use that.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
482 Posts
I’ll start by saying that my Model S is still an absolutely beautiful car. I ordered it at Halloween and had it at Christmas in 2017. I’ll continue by saying that Tesla makes a perfectly mediocre car. Sure, it is fast and I have the ”fool self driving” , er, I mean full self driving package.

The only thing that really stands out about the car is that I have free supercharging for life (of the car). I trust SuperCruise more than AutoPilot (launch edition has it). I’m on a road trip right now and it is nice to not pay.

Even though I own Tesla stock, I don’t trust Tesla, or Musk. Like many other stocks, the company and stock are actually disconnected, but I do like money, so……

Perhaps it is a positive GM bias I have, three of our four cars are Chevys. My corvette is waaaaaaaaaay more fun to drive, the Equinox holds the same cargo amount as the Model S and the Bolt EUV is easier to park (that surround camera rocks). I just don’t trust Tesla to do the right thing. Chevy is doing the right thing with the recalls. I know it is taking time, but they are doing the right thing by all of us.
You appear to be way out of my league. But I don't judge. I am a very practical and I couldn't pick any other EV at this point that I would rather have at any price. I love the Bolt EV, I love mine and I will love my next one!

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I am a very practical and I couldn't pick any other EV at this point that I would rather have at any price. I love the Bolt EV, I love mine and I will love my next one!
Yes, agree, we love our Bolt and with a new battery and new warranty, it may be with us for another eight years.
No, can't agree, if price no object, the Bolt would be traded even up tomorrow for a Porsche Taycan Turbo.
Maybe, since the Bolt is perfect for everyday local use, we'll keep it and should the hysteria be over, look at a long-range-fast-charge car for road trips.

jack vines

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
482 Posts
Yes, agree, we love our Bolt and with a new battery and new warranty, it may be with us for another eight years.
No, can't agree, if price no object, the Bolt would be traded even up tomorrow for a Porsche Taycan Turbo.
Maybe, since the Bolt is perfect for everyday local use, we'll keep it and should the hysteria be over, look at a long-range-fast-charge car for road trips.

jack vines
I am a "hot hatch" person. Not to say I RACE all day, or rarely, or more like never, but like to have a peppy car when It's needed. I WANT a hatchback and they are getting harder to find in smaller form.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT Cayenne Orange Metallic
812 Posts

jack vines
We were quite happy with our 2018 Volt....,until it was T-boned. Although we were happy with it then too, since it protected my wife quite well, at its own expense.

We had no plans on ever getting a Bolt, and were going to wait for more choices before moving into a BEV. We put down a refundable deposit on a replacement used 2018 Volt. That would have been ~$23k plus TTL, on Carvana.

I did a last minute search for other options, and found a local dealer selling new Bolts for $15k below MSRP. The next morning we did a test drive, and were sold. We got our loaded LT for just ~$2k more than the Volt on Carvana. That was the best $2k I've ever spent, as much as we liked the Volt.

161 - 173 of 173 Posts