Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

The "Select" trim level will be the cheapest, starting at $43,895.
The "First Edition" – a limited run launch trim – will start at $59,900.
The top trim level is "GT," which will set you back $60,500.

BTW, Ford should have licensed a Pokemon for the emblem... missed opportunity.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Due to arrive at dealers and in driveways in late 2020
Who knows what will happen in a year's time, though? That being said, if that car was available now and if I didn't have a Bolt already I might have given the Select model a consideration.

·
Registered
923 Posts
It's been 13 months. Knowing what I know now .... to answer your question; Tesla M3.
However, I'm very interested in what Hyundai has coming in the next year or two or three. The software update before the last one added one pedal driving, take my money.

·
Registered
424 Posts
If money was no object I would get either a Tesla M3 / M Y or a Mach E. The way I look at the mach E: For= Styling and 0-60 performance. Against=high Price compared to Bolt and even Tesla M3, no dedicated network like Tesla , probably still won't beat Tesla range, probably still won't beat Tesla's continuous updates after sale, definitely still won't beat Tesla's M3 0-60 (confirmed under 3 seconds now). So given 2 For and 5 against if I suddenly had a windfall I would go for a Tesla. For my current commute and financial situation I'm glad I got a bolt. I am still interested to see how GM responds to this product though!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Sry but the MachE is very ugly. If it had a similar style to the previous Mustangs then I would say yes, but not to this monstrosity.

·
Registered
500 Posts
What , No one would buy the Ford Pick up EV ?
I use my Bolt to cram full of my biz stuff every few weekends. I mean CRAM. Back seats are always down and I bought my Bolt so if I scratch it no biggie.
If I wanted a NICE EV the tesla would have to be it, X model as I want taller off the ground.

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
I was just driving when the first Falcon-based Mustang came out. As a kid into real European sports cars, I considered it a joke. An SUV with Mustang styling cues is just sad. As an adult, my idea of the perfect car was a Honda Fit. Had the Bolt not come out, we probably would have gotten one in five years, when the wife's Corolla hit 200K miles.

·
Registered
88 Posts
No thanks. Not for that kind of money. I'll take Tesla and their 5-10 year head start on Tech and infrastructure any day for that price. Glad they're doing it, but they really aren't serious about selling many EV's at that price point. It's a start though.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I forgot about the federal tax incentive Ford will have -$7,500. Have to keep that in mind. It does bring the base model somewhat closer to what seems reasonable in states with additional incentives.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I hope this EV is a success. None the less, I'd be hesitant in purchasing a first year of any model car. For the cost of the Ford, I'd have to consider the Tesla Y (after its teething problems are resolved), simply because of that company's great charging network.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Good to see Ford getting on board, but that's a bit big for me (that's what she said). ;) I like the compact size of the Bolt and the higher seating position. As I get older, I appreciate that and don't want to feel like my butt cheeks are scraping the ground. If the Bolt had 50kW more power, I'd probably keep it until it died. It's just missing that extra oomph that EV's like a Tesla can provide. I think if the Bolt had 200kW instead of 150, it'd be more competitive. Still hoping some tuning company can unlock some kW but not counting on it as I think the fuse would have to be replaced at a minimum.

Mike

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
If the Bolt had 50kW more power, I'd probably keep it until it died. It's just missing that extra oomph that EV's like a Tesla can provide. I think if the Bolt had 200kW instead of 150, it'd be more competitive. Still hoping some tuning company can unlock some kW but not counting on it as I think the fuse would have to be replaced at a minimum.

Mike
The Bolt in factory configuration already makes the front tires dance and sing at full power and you want even more power?

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
He is jealous of Tesla drivers who can stick their cars in the second story of buildings launching off a RR crossing, or dirt pile.

·
Registered
38 Posts
It's a FORD. I would bet they are only making it for the CARB/CAFE credits to sell the crop of gas guzzlers without too big of penalties.
How has FORD supported, corrected, enhanced the Focus Electric since 2011? Yep. Nope.
Time will tell if they are serious about it. Marketing, sales, support, updates, enhancements will tell me if they are serious. Not holding my breath.
...Here's hoping my little Bolt LT lasts a long time for me...

·
Registered
275 Posts
IFF the GT had a 300+ mile range would I pencil out a what if scenario where the Bolt flips for a Stang. As is, the Bolt is no slouch as it will hit the limiter (18 over the speed limit) while in the freeway acceleration lane. And it's mostly paid for and so far completely reliable. Staying with the Bolt, lets see what the next wave of BEVs (Gen III ?) has to offer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Lurker for a while, bought my Bolt a little over a month ago. As you can tell by my username, I'm a Mustang fan. At least I used to be when younger, I haven't cared too much or paid much attention in the last 15 years. The Mach-E had me excited. But based on what I've seen so far, I'm underwhelmed to say the least.

The base model is $43,895, has less range than the Bolt, and has the same 0-60 as the Bolt. Really? It doesn't even have heated seats available as an option. Huh?

The GT is respectable, that's more like it. But the starting MSRP is $60,500? A Performance Model 3 starts at $56,900, and with Full Self Driving it is at $63990. I think I know where I'd spend my money.

I'm not an early adopter, so I wouldn't be buying a Mach-E right off the bat anyway, but I'm not seeing anything to get me excited. In fact, it gives me new respect for what Chevy did with the Bolt in 2017, they knocked it out of the park three years ago compared to the Mach-E. And it gives me more respect for Tesla and where they are at with their vehicles considering the resources Ford has behind it.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts