Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Maybe my my wife's Jeep Compass. We were looking at getting her an Equinox but change of heart and we got what she wanted (Orange Jeep). But we just purchased the Jeep and Bolt, so will be about 5 years before we do look at doing anything. I'm sure many changes will take place in those 5 yrs.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Maybe my my wife's Jeep Compass. We were looking at getting her an Equinox but change of heart and we got what she wanted (Orange Jeep). But we just purchased the Jeep and Bolt, so will be about 5 years before we do look at doing anything. I'm sure many changes will take place in those 5 yrs.
Did you see the new Jeep EVs coming out in the next few years, one looks to be about the size of the Compass.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT, 2021 Kona EV SEL
2,962 Posts
It's on the radar for sure. Right now we have a Kona EV and a Bolt and we know we want something larger and AWD as we're (at least aspirationally at this stage of our life) pretty outdoorsy people who do work around the house and have 2 kids.

The biggest complication is I have a pre-price hike Rivian reservation. It's a bit outside of our planned budget but if I keep it bare bones white I'm getting a quad motor R1T @ $71,950 which would retail for $88,750 right now, and that number is likely a mirage getting closer to $100,000 or even over for the same spec if you placed an order today. Minus expected rebates ($7,500 Fed, $500 NYS) that's $63,950 for a super truck, BEV-style cheaper than most "mid-sized" comparable ICE trucks.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt with every possible option (it was the dealer show car)
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We've got a lot of affection for our Bolt. But its not the best long distance car for my tall family. OTOH when the Silverado gets here we'll be taking that for road trips. Really I'd like to be a car guy like my neighbor who owns more cars than he needs (except mine all GM EV ;))

Reactions: Fubo

·
Registered
483 Posts
For me it’ll depend how much the 2LT AWD with adaptive cruise costs. If it’s at or under $40k, and qualifies for the full $7500 tax credit, then in 2024 that would be out the door for me under $30k (with MA $3500 rebate). Which is pretty close to how much I’m paying for my Bolt.

It’ll also depend on how well my 2023 Bolt is holding its value in 2024. If supply is still constrained, it might have 0 depreciation like used Bolts have today.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
GM will likely go with the practice of releasing higher-end models initially. I wouldn't expect a $30k model to be available until significantly later.
They say the 2RS will be first in the fall of 23 and all others will be available spring 2024.
Just remember Technically Fall lasts until around December 20th and Spring last to about June 21st.
I
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
2017 Bolt with every possible option (it was the dealer show car)
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I wonder if they'll do reservations, so far they've done it with the other Ultium EV's but AFAIK no mention if they'll do it here. Probably not? Not sure it makes sense to hype it that way for a budget vehicle.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I wonder if they'll do reservations, so far they've done it with the other Ultium EV's but AFAIK no mention if they'll do it here. Probably not? Not sure it makes sense to hype it that way for a budget vehicle.
Still over a year away and not all the specs have even been released yet. I look for them to take reservations around January.

·
Registered
2023 EUV Premier Bright Blue
1,842 Posts
Now that we are completing a trade repurchase for a loaded EUV, probably not. The EUV is really all we need for our mostly urban inner city driving. I think the Equinox EV is about 20" longer than an EUV. We don't need that, and it just makes it harder to park.

We don't do enough road trips for the slow DCFC to be much of an issue. We'll likely be happy for several years with our EUV.

·
Premium Member
3,630 Posts
I just bought a 2022 ICE Equinox. I absolutely love the size. I would have loved to have been able to buy a Eq EV right now instead of the ICE version, but needs dictated that we couldn’t even wait for an EUV with an expectation of ‘several months’ .

I will probably be interested in maybe 3years after the bumper-to-bumper is up, my wife is already complaining about having to put gas in it, and we’re still on the free tank LOL Just got it August 25.

I’ll figure it out when the EV version becomes available, I don’t want the gas version in the long run, but I won’t be willing to take a bath on it in the process.

1 - 20 of 302 Posts