Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
261 - 280 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Bolt with every possible option (it was the dealer show car)
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #261 ·
The Equinox EV is larger than the current one as it is built on allegedly the same platform as the Blazer EV so I could almost justify the Blazer as the size might not be too much different.
All GM EV's are on the same platform - Ultium, otherwise known as BEV3. Bolt is BEV2 (Volt too I think to some degree), and EV1 was BEV1. The Chevy vehicles all share internal components - well more than share, it's hard to tell the difference between the inside of the Silverado, Blazer and Equinox practically, and the Ultium battery is a integrated structural component so that and the modules are shared too. Really just pick what shape you want and your getting much the same car.

·
Registered
133 Posts
All GM EV's are on the same platform - Ultium, otherwise known as BEV3. Bolt is BEV2 (Volt too I think to some degree), and EV1 was BEV1. The Chevy vehicles all share internal components - well more than share, it's hard to tell the difference between the inside of the Silverado, Blazer and Equinox practically, and the Ultium battery is a integrated structural component so that and the modules are shared too. Really just pick what shape you want and your getting much the same car.
Pick your price point too.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Only EV i want now is a small reg cab S10 size pickup with 400hp or more.
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means."
The S10 was produced for twenty years, with as little as 62 horsepower; always less than 200 horsepower. (The Syclone/Typhoon 280 horsepower were a very limited production anomaly; maybe 3000 units and one year only.) The majority of the S10 production, especially in later years, was the extended cab. That GM never saw a market for a 400 horsepower standard cab S10 makes the request unlikely to be realized.

jack vines

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I don't have an EV and the only thing stopping me from ordering a Bolt are the comments here about how poorly it handles in rain and snow. For that reason, I'm waiting on the Equinox.
Never had a problem in rain on the OE tires, and since I don’t have to I’ve never driven it in snow. But others say with the proper snow tires it does great.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
1,997 Posts
We only had a little snow in the Seattle area last winter, but I had no issues getting around on my stock tires. I had to make a bit of a run to get up my driveway from the garage, as it's pretty steep, but once I was on the road, no issues. Again, not deep snow, and for that I would want proper winter tires.

·
Registered
2020 Bolt
533 Posts
The S10 was produced for twenty years, with as little as 62 horsepower; always less than 200 horsepower. (The Syclone/Typhoon 280 horsepower were a very limited production anomaly; maybe 3000 units and one year only.) The majority of the S10 production, especially in later years, was the extended cab. That GM never saw a market for a 400 horsepower standard cab S10 makes the request unlikely to be realized.

jack vines
I had 7 S10's over the years. Two were V8's that were someones hack jobs. GM should have offered up a 5.3V8 for the 2003 S10 Xtreme at least. I hate full size trucks.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I don't have an EV and the only thing stopping me from ordering a Bolt are the comments here about how poorly it handles in rain and snow. For that reason, I'm waiting on the Equinox.
I live in upstate NY, we get a lot of snow. It has never been a problem, the vehicle has traction control and the battery weight is low and evenly distributed.

The only Snow issue I have ever had is when I ran the OEM tires bald in the second winter, 2018-2019, the OEM tires wear out fast, well at least with me driving them they do...

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
I had 7 S10's over the years. Two were V8's that were someones hack jobs. GM should have offered up a 5.3V8 for the 2003 S10 Xtreme at least. I hate full size trucks.
Trucks with too much horsepower just burn rubber. It’s a total waste. Or put an inch-thick steel sheet in the bottom of the bed; that might help.

I will never forget the Ranchero my boss owned back in day when muscle cars were fresh. He had a 1967 Mustang Shelby GT 500 (yes, original) that he liked so much that he special-ordered a ‘68 Ranchero with that engine 👀

Even with posi-traction all it did was fry tires (being a 17 year-old at the time, I had to see what it would do when he instructed me to deliver an order to a client).

For some reason, I never got to do a delivery again 😝

·
Registered
2020 Bolt
533 Posts
Trucks with too much horsepower just burn rubber. It’s a total waste. Or put an inch-thick steel sheet in the bottom of the bed; that might help.

I will never forget the Ranchero my boss owned back in day when muscle cars were fresh. He had a 1967 Mustang Shelby GT 500 (yes, original) that he liked so much that he special-ordered a ‘68 Ranchero with that engine 👀

Even with posi-traction all it did was fry tires (being a 17 year-old at the time, I had to see what it would do when he instructed me to deliver an order to a client).

For some reason, I never got to do a delivery again 😝
Even all my modded C6 Vettes just spin from a roll.

261 - 280 of 302 Posts