Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I got tired of waiting for an official roof rack solution for the Bolt. I saw Yakima has a combo that is compatible with the Premier's roof rails (no LT option). Rack warehouse has a 20% off Yakima sale through today, so I jumped on the deal.

Hopefully it works out.

Edit: only need 1 of the landing pads. They come in sets of 4.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Let us know how it fits once you get it! Never heard of Yakima, more familiar with roof racks from Thule and Rhino.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I called Rack Attack in Portland for a quote and they offered 10% off. Is the sale ending today through Yakima, or the "warehouse" you mentioned in your post. Where is it and how can I get the extra 10% off the $500 system they quoted me? Bill C- 808-250-6701

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called Rack Attack in Portland for a quote and they offered 10% off. Is the sale ending today through Yakima, or the "warehouse" you mentioned in your post. Where is it and how can I get the extra 10% off the $500 system they quoted me? Bill C- 808-250-6701
Unfortunately looks like the rackwarehouse.com sale off Yakima products ended yesterday.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Ok, got my Yakima setup in the mail last night. Wasn't too bad putting it together. Will share some pics later.
Looking forward to seeing those pictures, hopefully it will cover the install enough for anyone new to installing things to understand whats happening.

How long did everything take you?

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's some pics. Last few are with some more accessories attached (hitch box, roof basket, roof rack bike rack).
Rack itself was pretty easy to assemble. Pops off quite easily once the landing pads are affixed. Can take off the bars in less than 1 minute.
Minimal wind noise with just the bars affixed. Range hit yet to be determined.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, got my Yakima setup in the mail last night. Wasn't too bad putting it together. Will share some pics later.
Looking forward to seeing those pictures, hopefully it will cover the install enough for anyone new to installing things to understand whats happening.

How long did everything take you?
Took maybe 20-25 minutes to assemble the bars and Skyline fit kit. Another 5 minutes to screw in the landing pads. Then a few minutes to adjust the spacing of the towers. Probably can have everything installed in less than an hour.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Notice any difference in power usage with just the bars on?

I'm trying to decide between putting a roof rack on for my bikes or just getting the trailer hitch mounted.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
The Yakima roof rack looks like it was made for the Bolt EV, guess we won't need to wait on chevy for one. Now you just need to go camping to test it out. :D

·
Registered
330 Posts
Do you like the small Corebars ??

Here's some pics. Last few are with some more accessories attached (hitch box, roof basket, roof rack bike rack).
Rack itself was pretty easy to assemble. Pops off quite easily once the landing pads are affixed. Can take off the bars in less than 1 minute.
Minimal wind noise with just the bars affixed. Range hit yet to be determined.

Curious to know if you like the small corebars or do you think medium may work as well or would they stick out too far? Small looks like a perfect fit from the pics.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Thanks! that's the way it looks to me as well. I have a friend the has a Subaru Cross Trek and the rack bars he has on it are long and it's easy to bump you head on that if you're not careful so that's one of the things I'd like to avoid. Appreciate your quick reply.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts