Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got mine first!

Here's a photo of my Bolt along with one owned by a friend of mine. Haven't seen any other Bolt on the road other than his yet!
Edit: I didn't realize that locking the doors could be done using the buttons on the handles until he showed me during this lunch visit. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Congrats on the new Bolt! Must have been a fun experience, purchasing a Bolt with your friend. Is yours the orange or blue metallic one?

·
Registered
543 Posts
I have one as well in Black. I'm in Northern VA, Gainesville to be specific. I have seen two others out on the road, a white one and blue one.

Driveway picture is from the day I bought it. Picture from the rear is for when I got the custom plates.

Attachments

·
Registered
786 Posts
Edit: I didn't realize that locking the doors could be done using the buttons on the handles until he showed me during this lunch visit. :)
Do you mean the inside buttons? I have been doing that on my 2009 Chevy Equinox since the first week. I learned that after renting a 2009 Chevy Impala in Florida in December 2008 which did the same. It should be in the owner manual.;)

This helps extend the fob cell life since you would only need the fob to unlock.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I have one as well in Black. I'm in Northern VA, Gainesville to be specific. I have seen two others out on the road, a white one and blue one.

Driveway picture is from the day I bought it. Picture from the rear is for when I got the custom plates.
great choice of color although those are typically harder to maintain.
are you planning to get some sort of paint protection done?

·
Registered
543 Posts
great choice of color although those are typically harder to maintain.
are you planning to get some sort of paint protection done?
Haven't decided if I am yet. I could do something as simple as plastidip, much cheaper than vinyl wrapping.

Something like that as well I can do in the future as well. I might actually do some of it now just to black out the car, rims, grilles, emblems and chrome trim.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Do you mean the inside buttons? I have been doing that on my 2009 Chevy Equinox since the first week. I learned that after renting a 2009 Chevy Impala in Florida in December 2008 which did the same. It should be in the owner manual.;)

This helps extend the fob cell life since you would only need the fob to unlock.
Yes, inside buttons work, but I think he means the button built into the outside door handle. If the fob is in your pocket (or purse) you can press the button, pull the door handle and enter the car. You can also get out of the car and press the outside door handle button to lock the car, going upon your merry way, without fishing the fob out to use its lock button.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yes, inside buttons work, but I think he means the button built into the outside door handle. If the fob is in your pocket (or purse) you can press the button, pull the door handle and enter the car. You can also get out of the car and press the outside door handle button to lock the car, going upon your merry way, without fishing the fob out to use its lock button.
You can also set it to lock automatically about ten seconds after you close the door if the FOB is not in the car.

Ed

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Daily charging, staying just above 5 miles per kWH most of the time. That's because I'm largely in traffic a lot of the drive (40+ miles per day).

·
Registered
543 Posts
Daily charging, staying just above 5 miles per kWH most of the time. That's because I'm largely in traffic a lot of the drive (40+ miles per day).
It is really efficient in stop and go. I drive on 66 for most of my commute and there was a day it was stop and go the whole way. I recorded 6.5 kWH for that trip. For most days on my commute I can average around 4.8 - 5.5, just depending on how many times I get up to the speed limit.

·
Registered
195 Posts
:D Picked mine up at Rick Hendrick Chevrolet in Richmond , VA on July 4th. Great selection, thirty bolts available. My fully loaded Cajun Red Premier, high VIN number would have been my choice if I had ordered. No waiting, took it home today. Fair thirty six month lease.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts