Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeah, but the guy who is doing it is kind of a flake and the entire project is probably never going to actually come to fruition.

Flake is probably not a good word to use; Seems like a nice guy, merely unreliable and has a lot of personal issues going on in his life.
tinybear is making pedals. Other people can make a harness. Just gotta look.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Maybe LKA is intended for nothing more than waking up a drunk driver.
I would add "a sleepy driver dozing off."

Even if that's truly it's main purpose (I don't think so) it's inexcusable that it gives no audible warning.
Surely it should buzz or even say "Lane! Lane!" ... not just change a tiny icon on the dash from green to orange. Implementing that would have cost virtually nothing.

Would anyone agree?

Alex

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would add "a sleepy driver dozing off."

Even if that's truly it's main purpose (I don't think so) it's inexcusable that it gives no audible warning.
Surely it should buzz or even say "Lane! Lane!" ... not just change a tiny icon on the dash from green to orange. Implementing that would have cost virtually nothing.

Would anyone agree?

Alex

You can use the Forward Collision Alert set to max distance instead. Not the same but good enough to wake you up.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
You can use the Forward Collision Alert set to max distance instead. Not the same but good enough to wake you up.
Hi Boltmobile.

I don't understand. How is setting the Forward Collision Alert max distance (most sensitive) going to result in the Bolt giving me an audible warning if I drift out of my lane? :unsure:

Alex

·
Registered
44 Posts
When you drift out of your lane your direction is no more parallel to the road but toward obstacles that are far away either onto the right side of the road or the left side of the road (could be cars coming from the opposite direction). With Forward Collision Alert set to most sensitive you can get alerts when you start drifting toward those obstacles. I get false positive most of the time which serve the purpose of waking me up. Not as good as LKA audible warnings but better that those useless Christmas tree lights on the dash.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
mine does beep at me if my lane keeping exceeds some preprogrammed threshold that's pretty egregious on my part.
Hmmm.
I wonder if, per #24's note above, what's going on is it's actually your Forward Collision Alert, not lane assist, that's beeping at you? If it's FCA I believe it might also put a red dot on your windsheild.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Hmmm.
I wonder if, per #24's note above, what's going on is it's actually your Forward Collision Alert, not lane assist, that's beeping at you? If it's FCA I believe it might also put a red dot on your windsheild.
definitely not FCA. I set that off all the time and clearly is not the same. only have had it beep at me a handful of times.

·
Registered
Premier, Yo, with every goodie!
830 Posts
Hmmm.
I wonder if, per #24's note above, what's going on is it's actually your Forward Collision Alert, not lane assist, that's beeping at you? If it's FCA I believe it might also put a red dot on your windshield.
So now we're talking about FCA, an optical based system. (don't mind the swerve in this thread;))

How does this optical system tell the difference between a semi truck and a smart car for distance?

I had a '11 Prius level 5 with the Advanced Tech Package. It had an Amazing Adaptive Cruise Control with Emergency Braking.
The ACC was radar based. It also had a LKA (Optical based) that at least tried to keep the car centered in the lane.
The Gen 2 Volt had radar based ACC (and maybe Emer Braking?). I only briefly tried the LKA and it seem lacking during a test drive, just like in the Bolt.

I'm glad I didn't pay extra for this lame system in the Bolt.:cautious:

Reactions: Darkwulfe
21 - 31 of 31 Posts