Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
181 - 200 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just you guys and gals know my car has been at the dealership for 2 days and they have not even looked at it si access what is wrong. I gave them all the information from this thread and some. Will keep you updated. I have heard some nightmares from others about not having their car for weeks with no loaner

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Nov build
7,594 Posts
Just you guys and gals know my car has been at the dealership for 2 days and they have not even looked at it si access what is wrong. I gave them all the information from this thread and some. Will keep you updated. I have heard some nightmares from others about not having their car for weeks with no loaner
Check with EV Cincierge about a rental.

·
Registered
10 Posts
still at dealership for 5 days and still have no mode of transportation

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Nov build
7,594 Posts
Check your state lemon law. Keep bringing it in to document 'repair attempt', you may end up with a Trade/Swap to a Blazer EV next Spring!

·
Super Moderator
2020 Chevrolet Bolt
3,510 Posts
I do not know how to do that . I would be able to charge for some time if I xould figure it out... video?

Not a permanent fix 😞
See 1:17 to 1:33 in this video. You only need to disconnect the negative (black) terminal on the 12V battery, not remove nor replace it.

If you're waiting for a permanent fix, then you might be waiting a lot longer. GM has a Technical Service Bulletin out, but the software fix isn't available yet. If you want your car back and you're willing to spend 60 seconds if this happens again, the temporary fix can help.

If you want to communicate with your dealership's service advisor, you can reference the TSB number, PIC6452B.

·
Registered
10 Posts
See 1:17 to 1:33 in this video. You only need to disconnect the negative (black) terminal on the 12V battery, not remove nor replace it.

If you're waiting for a permanent fix, then you might be waiting a lot longer. GM has a Technical Service Bulletin out, but the software fix isn't available yet. If you want your car back and you're willing to spend 60 seconds if this happens again, the temporary fix can help.

If you want to communicate with your dealership's service advisor, you can reference the TSB number, PIC6452B.
Hi Mitch. Yea I communicated all the useful information to the dealership. Thanks for the video. They have not even looked at my car after 5 days so If by tomorrow they still have not done anything I will take the car back and do the 12V Battery negative terminal fix.

·
Registered
10 Posts
UPDATE on my 2019 BOLT LT:

on page 10 of this thread the spectacular
BoltEV.Mike

posted a PDF

PIC6452B.pdf

I supplied this PDF to the dealership and within 6 days they applied the correction within that document. My car is now charging. Now we wait for GM to have a permanent fix (and to train people on that fix)

I would suggest everyone who has this issue download and print this PDF document and supply this to their dealership representative and especially the mechanic on duty. Heck fax it to them if need be before you arrive to drop off your car.

thanks again Mike!!!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am still seeing my lock pin "creep" from the unlocked position to the locked position. It's not related to state of charge. It will gradually get harder and harder to insert the plug over time (this is what I observed months ago leading up to being locked out). I always have it set to departure charging, and charge it 1-2 times per week. Is anyone else noticing the "creep"? It's almost like there is a small voltage trickle that is accumulating over time, or with subsequent pluggings, maybe each plug/unplug adds to a "count" that is incrementing the position... totally speculating on all of this...

·
Super Moderator
2020 Chevrolet Bolt
3,510 Posts
I am still seeing my lock pin "creep" from the unlocked position to the locked position. It's not related to state of charge. It will gradually get harder and harder to insert the plug over time (this is what I observed months ago leading up to being locked out). I always have it set to departure charging, and charge it 1-2 times per week. Is anyone else noticing the "creep"? It's almost like there is a small voltage trickle that is accumulating over time, or with subsequent pluggings, maybe each plug/unplug adds to a "count" that is incrementing the position... totally speculating on all of this...
Friction? Maybe it's not retracting fully on each cycle, and it just ends up a little further out each time?

·
Registered
2019 BoltEV
39 Posts
I am reasonably certain mine is doing this, too. I suppose I should photograph it over time to find out for sure. The pin does return to the fully retracted position after the 10 mm reset, and then it seems to start working its way over to the engaged position again.

-FAF

181 - 200 of 213 Posts