Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Great info in this thread. One thing I did not see is COLOR reference. I don't pick up my Bolt until next week but how do I find out if the color of this cover (I assume there is only one option) matches my interior? I have a 2020 Slate Gray LT. Can anyone assist? Thank you!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have a Premier version with the false floor. It can readily be added. The plastic brackets just screw in to existing threads.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I use the cargo space in a similar fashion storing emergency gear and junk I want to have "just in case" below the flat floor.

Yesterday I made my first full Costco run and loaded the flat floor with two full cases of soft drinks, a 40 pound bag of dog food, a case of canned cat food, and other odds and ends. No problem. The floor now seems more sturdy to me than its light weight might indicate.

BTW, since the stuff in the back blocked my direct rear view, I found that the TV camera rear view mirror function which came with the Premier Edition really useful for the first time! I've had trouble adapting to that feature.
so, is the false floor an option you chose, and paid the 100 extra?

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
so, is the false floor an option you chose, and paid the 100 extra?
The false floor is standard on the Premier trim. Don't recall if it's an option on the LT. Several forum members have bought the kit separately and installed themselves. One forum member even 3D printed the required brackets and made their own false floor.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The false floor is standard on the Premier trim. Don't recall if it's an option on the LT. Several forum members have bought the kit separately and installed themselves. One forum member even 3D printed the required brackets and made their own false floor.
I heard that some LT's have it as an option for an extra 100 bucks...I'm looking for a used Bolt, so I guess some might have the floor, some not. Hard to tell online...

·
Registered
303 Posts
Not many LT's will have the false floor. Unless they bought it after the fact (and i doubt too many did for $150). I don't recall it being an option at purchase unless one was familiar with it and asked for it through their dealer.

I'm going back and forth in my mind whether to get one or not for my LT. I have chevy bucks to use (or whatever they're called). I'm just not sure i want to lose the depth of the cargo area by adding the floor; But I like the idea of having a flat/level storage space when the seats are down in case i need to haul something bigger.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not many LT's will have the false floor. Unless they bought it after the fact (and i doubt too many did for $150). I don't recall it being an option at purchase unless one was familiar with it and asked for it through their dealer.

I'm going back and forth in my mind whether to get one or not for my LT. I have chevy bucks to use (or whatever they're called). I'm just not sure i want to lose the depth of the cargo area by adding the floor; But I like the idea of having a flat/level storage space when the seats are down in case i need to haul something bigger.
What are Chevy Bucks? I would use it for the false floor, because I think you can easily remove it if it's installed right. I would want it to cover some valuable items in the back, and also if I'm going to try car camping it would create a relatively flat surface for sleeping with an air mattress on top of it and back seats folded down.

·
Registered
303 Posts
the credits/points chevy gives (GM Rewards). We got 20,000 points when we bought our Bolt, plus a few more for signing up for the app, website, surveys, etc...

20,000 points is $100 credit towards merchandise and such.
Problem is, you have to use them at a dealer, cant just apply them online. That usually means paying retail; unless you enjoy haggling and dealing with sales people.

·
Registered
55 Posts
the credits/points chevy gives (GM Rewards). We got 20,000 points when we bought our Bolt, plus a few more for signing up for the app, website, surveys, etc...

20,000 points is $100 credit towards merchandise and such.
Problem is, you have to use them at a dealer, cant just apply them online. That usually means paying retail; unless you enjoy haggling and dealing with sales people.
But I've heard the option is 100 dollars from Chevy, so maybe it would be covered by your chevy bucks. I know what you mean about the dealers though. Did you buy a 2020? How much was it? I am considering buying one because there are incredible mark downs....they are going up recently though...I'll probably get a 2017 in the end.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I added mine after purchase. I'm up in the air as to whether it was worth it. Not from a dollar perspective but from a breaking up the already small cargo area.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I added mine after purchase. I'm up in the air as to whether it was worth it. Not from a dollar perspective but from a breaking up the already small cargo area.
Isn't it easily removed. It looks like from videos I've seen that you just take the board out and then the cargo area is as it was before?

·
Registered
303 Posts
But I've heard the option is 100 dollars from Chevy, so maybe it would be covered by your chevy bucks. I know what you mean about the dealers though. Did you buy a 2020? How much was it? I am considering buying one because there are incredible mark downs....they are going up recently though...I'll probably get a 2017 in the end.
Never seen it as a normal LT option at purchase.
$170 accessory according to the chevrolet website.

edit:
I stand corrected!

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Isn't it easily removed. It looks like from videos I've seen that you just take the board out and then the cargo area is as it was before?
Yep. I pull mine out and leave in the garage if I need the extra space. Also means taking my golf clubs out that are normally stored under the false cargo floor.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts