Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

321 - 335 of 335 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Don't really think the hub adapter is necessary, once you cinch and torque the lug nuts down (to 100 ft/lbs) the wheels become lug-centric vs. hub-centric anyway. I have the hub adapters on my winter wheels... I think they really only make initial fitment on the rotor/hub easier.

While not totally necessary, they aid in making sure the wheels are centered properly. Without the adapter, wheels should be tightened and torqued OFF the ground. A lot of people forget that part. The adapter makes it a bit easier and more "foolproof"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Purchased the DRAG DR-33 17x7.5 5-105.00/110.00 42 BKGLXX (There are two versions, the one I listed is the one I got)
From America's Tire ITEM:13800

Wheel Weight: 17lbs.

Lightest Tire I picked out was:
Hankook
Ventus V12 evo2 K120

Tire Weight: 22lbs.

Alot less of tire chipping now, if any, and handles much better overall. Ok in the rain, just don't go crazy, they are summer tires.

Attached are rendering and final install pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Love it! Some calipercovers.com would absolutely set this BOLT on fire. I love mine, but they aren't cheap. Stamped with a high quality aluminum and installed w/o any surprises. No affiliation by the way, just a little 'been there done that' for ya.

·
Registered
28 Posts
MGP Caliper Covers now available for Bolt EV

Love it! Some calipercovers.com would absolutely set this BOLT on fire. I love mine, but they aren't cheap. Stamped with a high quality aluminum and installed w/o any surprises. No affiliation by the way, just a little 'been there done that' for ya.
FYI: I now have MGP Caliper Covers available for the Bolt on EV-MODS in the brake section.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi All, I'm going to get some steel wheels for winter snow tires. Do I need to put the TPMS in them? Will the car beep continuously at me if I don't? Thanks.

·
Registered
680 Posts
FYI drag's 17 pounders are not. Weigh them yourself and see. Not hatin just mention it to clarify for potential buyers in the thread.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Found this Bolt picture in a Bolt facebook group. I have the same wheels on my Volt. 17x8 et45 16.2lbs each.
I find them pretty nice on the Bolt. Would look even better slightly lowered.
Love those wheels for the Bolt and looking to get the same. What size tires are on this car? What size do you run?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Purchased the DRAG DR-33 17x7.5 5-105.00/110.00 42 BKGLXX (There are two versions, the one I listed is the one I got)
From America's Tire ITEM:13800

Wheel Weight: 17lbs.

Lightest Tire I picked out was:
Hankook
Ventus V12 evo2 K120

Tire Weight: 22lbs.

Alot less of tire chipping now, if any, and handles much better overall. Ok in the rain, just don't go crazy, they are summer tires.

Attached are rendering and final install pics:
What size tire are you running?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Don't get those energy saver jelly donuts.. They cant keep up with the car performance.
Get Nokian WRG4 and your car will drive like a corvette

·
Registered
58 Posts
Love those wheels for the Bolt and looking to get the same. What size tires are on this car? What size do you run?
On the Bolt its the stock size 215/50/17 and on my Volt I also have stock size 215/55/17.
If you want more traction and keep the stock diameter you can go 235/45/17.

·
Registered
58 Posts
evmods has 245/45/17 installed on his car. Very meaty. Lots of grip, but you will lose lots of range, especially with R compound tires. evmods would be able to tell you how much range he loses with that tire setup.

Looks so nice with coilovers

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
How does evmods avoid damaging the wheel arch trim when going over bumps? That clearance between tire and trim looks a bit small.

·
Registered
58 Posts
How does evmods avoid damaging the wheel arch trim when going over bumps? That clearance between tire and trim looks a bit small.
You would have to ask him directly. But with any low car, wheel offset is critical and suspension setup like camber. He has coilovers from BC coilovers. You can order with custom spring rates. You can also adjust preload, rebound-compression. I'm sure he has high spring rate and shock valving adjusted stiffer. Those shocks have 30 clicks adjustable dampening. I think they also come with camber plates.

321 - 335 of 335 Posts
About this Discussion
334 Replies
77 Participants
Evolt
Chevy Bolt EV Forum
We’re the Largest Chevy Bolt EV Online Community and Owner's Club. Join to discuss sport mode, reviews, battery range and charging!
Full Forum Listing